Find Conferences to Publish Your Paper

• Thread starter bhalodi.dhruv
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Idea Paper
In summary, before publishing a paper, it is important to thoroughly research and review existing literature in the field to ensure that the idea is original and has not already been published. This can be done through various scholar search engines and open access academic journals. It is also important to properly reference and build upon previous research in order to have a higher chance of being published in scientific journals.
bhalodi.dhruv
i mean how to find conferences.?

Physics news on Phys.org
Do you have the paper or not?

if you have an idea for a paper, you cannot publish anything.

I'm sorry, but just asking that question means you are nowhere close to being ready to publish a paper. You see, one of the first things to be done when developing an idea - before even starting to develop the idea - is to do a search to see if the subject has already had relevant research done and published. The places where you'd find that existing research are the same places you'd publish your idea if it is truly new.

That may have been the kindest post I have ever read.

hmmm. so where do i search that my idea is being already published or not. and you i have an idea and a paper too. can someone post a link of where do i proceed with it

bhalodi.dhruv said:
hmmm. so where do i search that my idea is being already published or not. and you i have an idea and a paper too. can someone post a link of where do i proceed with it

Use various scholar search engines (eg: Google Scholar). I also suggest publishing in open access academic journals, as they usually have no admission fees.

Cinitiator said:
admission fees.

Wait, what? Do people pay to get their stuff published in some fields? :confused:

Last edited:
920118 said:
Wait, what? Do people pay to get their stuff published in some fields? :confused:

Yes, this is the case for many journals. Journal of Political Economy is an example.

bhalodi.dhruv said:
I don't understand, how have you written a paper without researching the current state of the field? A proper scientific paper should have multiple references to existing literature because it should build upon what has already been discovered and invented.

i have got an idea and working on it. i can't spend my time searching for that is this idea original or not. but i know if someone published it before me. my idea would be of no use. i will check for references now that is it published anywhere or not. thank you for the link it helped a lot

bhalodi.dhruv said:
i have got an idea and working on it. i can't spend my time searching for that is this idea original or not. but i know if someone published it before me. my idea would be of no use. i will check for references now that is it published anywhere or not. thank you for the link it helped a lot
I'm sorry but unless you have already extensively read around the subject your paper is almost definitely not worth publishing.

thank you for the information. is there any community like the "IEEE" in electronics which gives all the information regarding the recent and developments. i don't think we can trust any website with information they give. it may be wrong also

bhalodi.dhruv said:
thank you for the information. is there any community like the "IEEE" in electronics which gives all the information regarding the recent and developments. i don't think we can trust any website with information they give. it may be wrong also
What?! There is the IEEE ( www.ieee.org ), and international technical society which publishes journals in numerous areas related to electrical engineering, electronics and related fields.

In what field is one's research/idea?

my field is regarding physics. that to modern physics. i was just giving an example for such an organisation. does physics have any such organisation.?

bhalodi.dhruv said:
my field is regarding physics. that to modern physics. i was just giving an example for such an organisation. does physics have any such organisation.?
There is the American Physical Societiy (www.aps.org) which has numerous publications/journals - http://www.aps.org/publications/index.cfm.

There is the American Institute of Physics (www.aip.org) which also has journals.
http://journals.aip.org/

There is the Institute of Physics (www.iop.org) - http://www.iop.org/publications/index.html

Deutsche Physikalische Gesellschaft - http://www.dpg-physik.de/index.html

Société Française de Physique - www.sfpnet.fr

European Physical Society and national affiliates
http://www.nikhef.nl/pub/eps/europa.html

and many others

bhalodi.dhruv said:
If you don't know how to do a literature search then again I'm going to have to say that your paper isn't worth publishing. To write a paper one has to have either an experiment to report on or a novel idea based on previously published experiments. Both of these require that you have already read huge amounts of previously published material.

bhalodi.dhruv said:
Please try to properly capitalize your posts so they are a bit more readable.

As you have told by others, if you "can't spend your time" finding out if your idea is original, you have not even scratched the surface. Searching the literature and finding out what published researchers have written (and what other research they have referenced in their papers) is baby-step #1. You must do this.

Then, if you think that your idea is original or an improvement on current knowledge, you must show why, and relate your idea to previous work (with references). That's how scientific publishing works. If you come up with a "ground-breaking" idea with no background and no references to previous research, your chances of publication are nil.

thank you for it.:) i searched in web but didn't get anything useful as these.:)

can anyone tell how to access papers related to some field. i am finding it difficult to register for every society and access the limited papers they have. are there no society like of modern physics or classical and so.!

Ryan_m_b said:
If you don't know how to do a literature search then again I'm going to have to say that your paper isn't worth publishing. To write a paper one has to have either an experiment to report on or a novel idea based on previously published experiments. Both of these require that you have already read huge amounts of previously published material.

sir, i am searching in net but there are so many sites available that its really hard to distinguish between the useful and the useless. everyone claims there idea and paper to be true. but god knows which of them are.! do you know any trust worthy links.?

bhalodi.dhruv said:
sir, i am searching in net but there are so many sites available that its really hard to distinguish between the useful and the useless. everyone claims there idea and paper to be true. but god knows which of them are.! do you know any trust worthy links.?
bhalodi.dhruv said:
can anyone tell how to access papers related to some field. i am finding it difficult to register for every society and access the limited papers they have. are there no society like of modern physics or classical and so.!
This is exactly my point, if you have never learned to use a proper journal database (webofsci, ovid, pubmed etc) then your paper is not worth publishing because searching journal databases is step 1. Do not use websites, look for peer-reviewed publications. Try something like google scholar, that's simple and tends to have many open access articles. Though to be honest if you are not familiar with searching for and reading peer-reviewed publications (as all undergrad science students should know by the end of their first term) then it may be best to start with some introductory books first.

turbo said:
. If you come up with a "ground-breaking" idea with no background and no references to previous research, your chances of publication are nil.

OMG..Does this mean its impossible to come up with any new theory?

aditya23456 said:
OMG..Does this mean its impossible to come up with any new theory?
No, it just means that to come up with a new theory you would have had to learn all the old ones and understand them which means you would be well versed in looking for and reading scientific papers.

Ryan_m_b said:
(as all undergrad science students should know by the end of their first term)

Science undergrads learn how to read scientific papers in the first term of college? That's new to me.

Ryan_m_b said:
No, it just means that to come up with a new theory you would have had to learn all the old ones and understand them which means you would be well versed in looking for and reading scientific papers.

Yes,but we need have references right..?what if anyone solves mystery of time ,though he speculates about it and it can't be experimentally verified.will it get recognisation?...If he can't have any kind of references for this,what shall he do.?

bhalodi.dhruv said:
i mean how to find conferences.?
What's your paper about?

In other words, what these people are very politely trying to tell you is that you're going to have to know where the edges of the box lie in order to know whether or not you're thinking outside the box. This takes a years of dedicated studying. Part of discovering those edges involves knowing what people who are pushing at the boundaries are working on. These developments are recorded in journals and take time to reach text-books, the form that you're probably most used to finding your information. By learning about a field, you will learn, in due time, how everything works.

Even after knowing where these edges lie, people have their papers rejected by journals because their paper does not pass the scrutiny of peer-review.

Why not go over to the appropriate sub-forum on PF and have them answer your question. You will find that there are several highly qualified people who will be able to answer your questions. That will be your first taste of having other people comment on your work. Along the way, you will also learn other things, such as being able to present yourself clearly. If you still think your stuff is original, then you may think about publishing.

Last edited:
KiwiKid said:
Science undergrads learn how to read scientific papers in the first term of college? That's new to me.
Well they should know what they are, where to find them, why they need them and have an idea of how to read them. Obviously the skills ones develop in critically reading progress across years.
aditya23456 said:
Yes,but we need have references right..?what if anyone solves mystery of time ,though he speculates about it and it can't be experimentally verified.will it get recognisation?...If he can't have any kind of references for this,what shall he do.?
You should read WiFO215's comment above carefully. Without knowing anything about the subject your speculation is bound to have no grounding in reality. In my experience when laymen strive to create grand theories of the universe they tend to just create complicated analogies based on their own misconceptions that have no practical use.

But for case of acquiring scholarship in most of M.sc programs requires a paper atleast in undergraduate level,then how are they expecting a paper from undergraduate level who can't spend years of time on research.

aditya23456 said:
But for case of acquiring scholarship in most of M.sc programs requires a paper atleast in undergraduate level,then how are they expecting a paper from undergraduate level who can't spend years of time on research.
I don't understand what you mean, I don't know of any examples where MSc programs require a paper to be published. It's not impossible that an applicant would have a paper (a friend of mine spent a year interning in a lab after his undergrad and managed to get his name on a paper) and that would help but it's not a requirement.

aditya23456 said:

Aditya, I do not know of any MSc. programs that demand a paper for awarding scholarships. I understand what it is like for you, but at this stage, I don't think you need worry about such things; stop worrying about how to be 'great'.

At this point in time, do your best to learn the basics of physics well. I recommend reading 'So you want to be a physicist?' by one of our members ZapperZ.

Besides doing your best to learn the fundamentals properly, try to learn about other subjects as well. Diversify your interests at this point and try to dip your feet in everything, not just physics, not just academia. I suspect you are from India and know that exposure to such things is limited. However, given your access to the internet, you should be able to find material on absolutely anything. Simply do your best, and the rest will follow.

If the above advice is too simple for you and you still think you have to publish papers, show your friends who's boss, prove that you're the next Einstein, you could look into the Physical Review. Section D focuses on gravitation and cosmology.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Note to mods: Shouldn't this thread be moved to Academic Guidance?

Related to Find Conferences to Publish Your Paper

1. What types of conferences can I publish my paper in?

There are various types of conferences that you can publish your paper in, such as academic conferences, industry conferences, and interdisciplinary conferences. It is important to carefully consider the focus and scope of the conference to ensure that your paper aligns with its theme.

2. How do I find conferences to publish my paper in?

One way to find conferences is to search online using keywords related to your research topic. You can also check the websites of professional organizations or academic institutions in your field, as they often list upcoming conferences. Additionally, attending conferences and networking with other researchers can help you discover new conferences to publish your paper in.

3. What are the benefits of publishing my paper in a conference?

Publishing your paper in a conference can provide several benefits, including gaining recognition and credibility in your field, receiving feedback and constructive criticism from other researchers, and potentially leading to collaborations and future research opportunities.

4. How do I know if a conference is reputable?

To determine the reputation of a conference, you can research its organizers, sponsors, and past editions. You can also check if the conference is indexed in reputable databases or if it has a peer-review process for paper submissions. It is important to carefully evaluate the conference's credibility before submitting your paper.

5. Can I publish my paper in multiple conferences?

It is generally not recommended to publish the same paper in multiple conferences, as this can be considered self-plagiarism. However, if the conferences have different focuses and audiences, you may be able to present your paper in both, as long as you disclose this information to the organizers and properly cite your previous publication.