Find Best Books for Rational Mechanics Course

In summary, the course covered vectors, kinematics of points and rigid body motions, statics, and dynamics.
Mubina
Hello dears,
My faculty is Cvil Engineering. We had a subject "Rational Mechanics".
The professor didn't gave textbook. I have my written notes during lectures only.
I have many doubts and misunderstandings, so I need good book.

Can you help me with this?
Actually, I have found some books from internet, but it's not covered all of our topics.
The contents of that course was:

1. Kinematics
2. Statics
3. Dynamics
Sorry I don't have full contents now. I will post as fast as I can.
Thank you.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, Mubina.
I've never heard the term "rational mechanics". From the subjects that you mention, I guess that the closest thing would be mechanical engineering or bio-engineering, depending upon the state of life of the specimen. I'm afraid that I don't know anything about either one, but someone should be with you shortly.

Perhaps Mubina means 'Rotational Mechanics'.

RATIONAL MECHANICS: PROGRAM OF THE COURSE (2012)
Prof. Alberto Sapora
1. Vectors, basic concepts: dot product, cross product, scalar triple product, direction cosines, derivative of a vector, applied vectors. Spatial curves – Frenet-Serret formulas.

2. Kinematic of a point particle: trajectory, velocity and acceleration. Plane motion, circular
motion, harmonic motion, areal velocity, helicoidal motion.
Kinematic of a rigid body: Eulers’ angles, different rigid motions, Poisson’s formulas,
fundamental equation of kinematics. Plane rigid motions: Chasles’ Theorem. Definitions of
different constraints, rolling without slipping, Lagrangian coordinates. Infinitesimal and virtual displacements. Relative motions: velocity and acceleration.

3. Geometry of masses: centroid, first moments of area, moments of inertia, Huygens-Steiner Theorem, principal axes. Basic concepts related to the space: ellipsoid of inertia.

4. Forces, energy and work: linear momentum, angular momentum, kinetic energy and related
theorems. Forces, potential and work.

5. Statics: point particle: friction. Rigid body: cardinal equations of statics, Principle of Virtual
Works, stationarity of potential.

6. Dynamics: cardinal equations of dynamics: theorems of linear momentum and of angular
momentum. Theorem of work-kinetic energy. Lagrange equations. Vibrations and stability:
basic concepts.

Usually, 2nd-year engineering curricula include courses in "Statics" and "Dynamics" (which are both part of the larger description of "mechanics"). Your post describes what appears to be a comination of those two courses. If you want printed resources on those, seek out material on those two topics.

Thanks for all answers. I'll try to search as you said tygerdawg.

Related to Find Best Books for Rational Mechanics Course

1. What is rational mechanics?

Rational mechanics is a branch of physics that deals with the laws of motion and the behavior of physical systems using mathematical principles and equations.

2. What are the best books for learning rational mechanics?

Some highly recommended books for learning rational mechanics include "Classical Mechanics" by Herbert Goldstein, "Introduction to Classical Mechanics" by David Morin, and "The Variational Principles of Mechanics" by Cornelius Lanczos.

3. What topics are covered in a rational mechanics course?

A rational mechanics course typically covers topics such as kinematics, dynamics, energy, momentum, rotational motion, oscillations, and gravitation.

4. How can I improve my understanding of rational mechanics?

Apart from studying from textbooks, it is helpful to practice solving problems and working through examples. You can also attend lectures or watch online video lectures to supplement your learning.

5. Are there any online resources for learning rational mechanics?

Yes, there are many online resources available such as online courses, video lectures, interactive simulations, and practice problems. Some recommended websites include Khan Academy, MIT OpenCourseWare, and Coursera.