Filter Network - (answer does not match books)

In summary, there is a mistake in the answer written down for the books, and it should be corrected to match the given equation. The nodal equation was also found to be incorrect, as Vi/a and (Vi-Vo)/b should be added together to equal zero according to KCL. The speaker acknowledges their mistake and thanks Rumpelstiltzkin for pointing it out.
FrogPad
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here, as my answer does not match up with the books. Sorry about the scan, it looks kinda bad.

! I made a mistake writing the books answer down. It should be:

[tex] \bar G_v(j \omega ) = \frac{j \omega C (R_1+R_2)+1}{j \omega R_1 +1} [/tex]
Any help would be awesome! Thanks!

186200375_23e99d99bb_o.jpg

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
You sure it's not:

[tex]\bar G_v(j \omega ) = \frac{j \omega C (R_1+R_2)+1}{j \omega C R_1 +1}[/tex]

Anyway, I think your nodal equation is incorrect. KCL states that the sum of all currents flowing out of the node equals to zero. Vi/a and (Vi-Vo)/b are both currents flowing out of the node. So it's supposed to be Vi/a + (Vi-Vo)/b = 0.

:blushing:

slapping myself in the head :smile:

Thanks Rumpelstiltzkin !

Related to Filter Network - (answer does not match books)

1. What is a filter network?

A filter network is a collection of electronic components that are connected in a specific way to filter out unwanted frequencies from an electronic signal.

2. How does a filter network work?

A filter network works by using resistors, capacitors, and inductors to create a circuit that selectively allows certain frequencies to pass through while blocking others. The specific arrangement and values of these components determine the type of filtering that the network performs.

3. What are the different types of filter networks?

The different types of filter networks include low-pass, high-pass, band-pass, and band-stop filters. These filters each have specific frequency ranges that they allow to pass through and block.

4. What are some applications of filter networks?

Filter networks are commonly used in electronics to remove noise from signals, improve signal clarity, and protect components from unwanted frequencies. They are also used in audio equipment, communication systems, and power supplies.

5. Can filter networks be customized for specific purposes?

Yes, filter networks can be customized by adjusting the values and placement of the electronic components to meet specific filtering requirements. Different types of filters can also be combined to create more complex filtering capabilities.