FeynArts Model File: Coupling & Writing 4x4 Matrix

• Mathematica
  • Thread starter Hassiba
  • Start date
  • Tags
    File Model
In summary, the conversation is about inserting a constant 4x4 matrix in a FeynArts model file. The individual has already written the coupling of their model and is now asking if they should write the matrix in the generic model file or in the FeynArts model file. They also provide the matrix $\theta^{\mu\nu}$ and ask for assistance in inserting it into FeynArts.
Hassiba
Hi;
Thank you so much in advance for any help.
My question about FeynArts model file, I have coupling of my model and I did arrive to insert (write) constant 4*4matrix in generic model file in Feynarts or I should write it in model file.
Thanks again

Physics news on Phys.org
These are couplings of my model:

upload_2017-12-19_13-14-55.png

upload_2017-12-19_13-15-22.png

upload_2017-12-19_13-15-58.png

but I have assumed $\theta^{\mu\nu}$ as matrix as following :

$\theta^{\mu\nu}$
=\begin{pmatrix}
0 & -1 & -1 & -1 \\

1 & 0 & -1 & 1 \\

1 & 1 & 0 & -1 \\

1 & -1 & 1 & 0

\end{pmatrix}

Would you please help me how can I insert this matrix (write this matrix in FeynArts) in this case.

Thank you so much for your help

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-19_13-14-55.png
    upload_2017-12-19_13-14-55.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 524
  • upload_2017-12-19_13-15-22.png
    upload_2017-12-19_13-15-22.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 508
  • upload_2017-12-19_13-15-58.png
    upload_2017-12-19_13-15-58.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 486

Related to FeynArts Model File: Coupling & Writing 4x4 Matrix

1. What is a FeynArts model file?

A FeynArts model file is a computer file that contains information about a specific quantum field theory model, including its particles, couplings, and Feynman rules.

2. What is meant by "coupling" in a FeynArts model file?

Coupling refers to the strength of the interaction between different particles in a quantum field theory model. In a FeynArts model file, the coupling is represented by a numerical value that determines the probability of a particle interacting with another particle.

3. How is a 4x4 matrix used in a FeynArts model file?

In a FeynArts model file, a 4x4 matrix is used to represent the interaction between four particles. Each element in the matrix corresponds to a specific combination of incoming and outgoing particles, and the value of the element determines the strength of the interaction.

4. Can I write my own FeynArts model file?

Yes, you can write your own FeynArts model file by using the FeynArts software package. This software allows you to define your own particles, couplings, and Feynman rules to create a custom quantum field theory model.

5. How are FeynArts model files used in scientific research?

FeynArts model files are used by scientists to study and analyze different quantum field theory models. By inputting the appropriate parameters and running calculations, they can predict the behavior and interactions of particles in various physical processes, helping to advance our understanding of the fundamental laws of the universe.