FAQ article procedures/approval process

• Thread starter Mordred
  • Start date
In summary, Mordred wrote an essay on Redshift, which does not seem to follow the FAQ format. He asks several questions that have already been answered, and includes a list of questions that he plans to answer in an upcoming revision.
Mordred
I have been writing an article on Redshift. My original intention was a reference article.
Article is located

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=4312703#post4312703

I was wondering what the process is to set an article as a sticky thread.

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks a lot for your suggestion. We will discuss this. Hopefully, we'll get back to you soon.

Thanks I will approve any needed corrections or editting that the MODS feel are suitable.
That is if the article meets the forum standards

I am nearly complete on this article. Current revision on page 7 same thread as above.

The question of number of supportive references came up.
For FAQ based reference. I would imagine there is a tighter definition of what counts as a reference. Some guidance on that would be helpful. Also what sections would the MODS feel need referencing. We have a rough list in the thread.

cristo said:
I've been busy for the last few weeks, and so haven't had much chance to look at this. First, I would like to applaud you for the time and effort you've put into this thread.

From the look of things, however, this does not appear to be a FAQ, but more an essay covering several topics. I see that you have included a list of questions at the beginning of the post, but it is not clear where (or if) these questions are answered in the article. You also ask some questions (liek the expansion faster than c question) that already have a FAQ dedicated to them. If you look at the other threads in the FAQ subforum, you will see each is in a thread of its own, with a well-defined question followed by a clear answer. I think if you want this to be a FAQ you need to follow a similar plan.

So, for example, which question do you think is the most important for a FAQ? Ask that question and then go about answering it. The article does not need to define everything to do with cosmology, you can assume that some things are known, and refer to other FAQ's for more information. You also need to include references.

Try to aim for a concise answer to a question, and it is likely to be much more useful to members who are new to the field wanting a quick answer or wanting to understand the topic in more detail

LOL judging from this I'd say I went into more than a little too much effort lol. Gonna take me a bit to get the article to conform to more of a FAQ than an essay. Assuming its possible lol.

Still I must admit I enjoyed writing it, the exercise taught me a lot in the way of little details, so either way I don't consider it a wasted effort.

Related to FAQ article procedures/approval process

1. What is the purpose of a FAQ article?

The purpose of a FAQ article is to provide concise and helpful answers to commonly asked questions about a particular topic or subject. It serves as a quick reference guide for readers to find answers to their questions without having to search through multiple sources.

2. How do I write an effective FAQ article?

To write an effective FAQ article, it is important to first identify the target audience and their most pressing questions. Use clear and simple language, and organize the questions and answers in a logical and easy-to-follow format. You can also include relevant visuals or examples to enhance understanding.

3. What is the approval process for a FAQ article?

The approval process for a FAQ article may vary depending on the organization or platform where it will be published. Typically, it involves submitting the article to an editor or content manager for review and possible revisions before it is published. Some organizations may also have a designated approval process for FAQ articles.

4. Can I include external links in a FAQ article?

Yes, you can include external links in a FAQ article as long as they are relevant and add value to the content. However, it is important to avoid overlinking and to only include reputable sources.

5. How often should a FAQ article be updated?

The frequency of updating a FAQ article may depend on the topic or subject matter. If there are significant changes or updates to the information, it is important to update the article as soon as possible. Otherwise, it is recommended to review and update the article at least once a year to ensure the information is accurate and relevant.