Explanation (or Proof) for network theorems?

In summary, the conversation discussed the use of various theorems in Network Analysis, such as Kirchoff's Laws, Source Transformation, Superposition Theorem, Thevenin's Theorem, Norton's Theorem, and Star-Delta Conversion. The person involved expressed their difficulty in finding proofs for these theorems, and questioned whether they are based on empirical methods or higher mathematics. It was suggested that the theorems can be derived from Maxwell's equations and charge conservation, and that introductory textbooks on electrostatics and circuits may provide more information on this topic.
ArchKudo
We started Network analysis and we were given Circuit Diagrams to be reduced using the following:
  1. Kirchoff's Laws i.e KVL and KCL
  2. Source Transformation
  3. Superposition Theorem
  4. Thevenin's Theorem
  5. Norton's Theorem and
  6. Star-Delta Conversion
However I wasn't given proofs for any of these theorem just their application (which is really easy) and now, I can't find their proofs on the internet too!
So, are these theorems based on empirical method or do they use higher mathematics?
And if not it would be great if someone could provide me with their proofs

ps: I can guess why some theorems are true like KVL or KCL because of energy conservation I suppose and Superposition theorem is relate-able to Superposition of electric fields and its relation with electric potentional but it is still confusing

Physics news on Phys.org
They all can be derived from the Maxwell equations and charge conservation, those two are based on experiments. Introductory textbooks on electrostatics and circuits might cover that in more or less detail. Getting Kirchhoff's laws out of them is not so straight forward, getting the others from those laws is mainly mathematics.

Likes ArchKudo

Related to Explanation (or Proof) for network theorems?

1. What is the purpose of network theorems?

The purpose of network theorems is to provide a systematic way of analyzing and understanding electrical circuits. They allow us to simplify complex circuits and make predictions about their behavior.

2. What are the most commonly used network theorems?

The most commonly used network theorems include Ohm's Law, Kirchhoff's Laws, Thevenin's Theorem, and Norton's Theorem. These theorems are used to analyze and solve circuits in different ways.

3. How do network theorems help in circuit analysis?

Network theorems help in circuit analysis by simplifying complex circuits and reducing the number of calculations needed to analyze them. They also allow us to make predictions about circuit behavior and determine the most efficient way to design a circuit.

4. Are network theorems applicable to all types of circuits?

Yes, network theorems are applicable to all types of circuits, including DC, AC, and mixed circuits. They can also be used for linear and non-linear circuits.

5. Can network theorems be used for real-world circuits?

Yes, network theorems can be applied to real-world circuits. However, they may not account for all real-world factors such as resistance in wires, temperature changes, and component tolerances.