Error: "Need Valid ID" - Get Help & Confirmation

• Bug
  • Thread starter Generator Gawl
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses an error that the speaker has encountered while trying to post comments on various threads using the PF app on a Galaxy S4. The error states that a valid ID is needed and the speaker is unsure if they are posting in a closed thread. They ask for confirmation and are advised to try using a mobile browser or desktop instead.
Generator Gawl
Hello everyone, I have an error I wish to bring to light. I have had troubles posting comments in various threads posting a comment and once I pressed the post icon to upload the comment, I receive a pop-up message stating: "Need Valid id!" Now I may be potentially posting in a closed thread and my threads may have closed. Whatever the case may be, I would just like to receive confirmation. Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
Can you link to a thread where you received this message? Are you using the app?

Thanks, I am looking into this now. For the meantime try posting using a mobile browser or post using a desktop.

Thank you for your swift response, Greg.

Related to Error: "Need Valid ID" - Get Help & Confirmation

What does "Error: Need Valid ID" mean?

This error message indicates that the system is asking for a valid identification document in order to process a request or transaction. This could be due to security measures or legal requirements.

What is considered a valid ID?

A valid ID typically includes a government-issued identification document such as a driver's license, state ID, passport, or military ID. It should have a clear photo, your full name, and an expiration date.

Why do I need to provide a valid ID?

Requiring a valid ID helps to verify the identity of the person making the request or transaction. This is important for security purposes and to prevent fraud.

What should I do if I don't have a valid ID?

If you do not have a valid ID, you may need to contact the organization or institution for further assistance. They may have alternative methods for verifying your identity.

How can I confirm that my ID has been accepted?

Once you have provided a valid ID, the system should confirm that it has been accepted and allow you to proceed with your request or transaction. If you are unsure, you can reach out to the organization or institution for confirmation.