Error in Moving Message: Shawn Halayka's Attempt to Learn

• Thread starter shalayka
  • Start date
In summary, the original thread was moved to the Homework forum, but the OP hopes it wasn't because it was assumed to be a homework problem. They clarify that they were not asking if they were correct, but if they were the first to calculate it in a certain way. The OP also mentions that they are not a history student, but are trying to understand the topic on their own. The original post was edited to remove pre-coffee comments. The Mentor explains that any homework or coursework related posts should be in the Homework forum, regardless of whether it is strictly a homework problem or not. The OP thanks the Mentor for clarifying.
shalayka
I see that my original thread was moved to Homework.

I hope it wasn't under the assumption that it was homework.

I wasn't asking if I was correct, I was asking if I was the first person to calculate it this way. That I could not assume.

I am not a history student, I am a http://cwiki.org/index.php/Shawn_Halayka". School really isn't possible in all situations. I am working hard at understanding this just by thought.

Edited: Pre-coffee comments removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF, shalayka. When you believe that an error has been made, you can use the "REPORT" post button on your original post, and mention in the REPORT form what the issue is. I'll go ahead and report your post here to get some other Mentor views of the situation. I honestly don't know which is the best location for your question.

shalayka said:
I see that my original thread was moved to Homework.

I hope it wasn't under the assumption that it was homework.

I wasn't asking if I was correct, I was asking if I was the first person to calculate it this way. That I could not assume.

I am not a history student, I am a http://cwiki.org/index.php/Shawn_Halayka". School really isn't possible in all situations. I am working hard at understanding this just by thought.

Edited: Pre-coffee comments removed.

It doesn't have to strictly be a homework problem. Any HOMEWORK-TYPE or COURSEWORK-TYPE post belongs in that forum. It is why yours was moved.

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
ZapperZ said:
It doesn't have to strictly be a homework problem. Any HOMEWORK-TYPE or COURSEWORK-TYPE post belongs in that forum. It is why yours was moved.

Zz.

Ok, thank you for replying. It is good to know.

Related to Error in Moving Message: Shawn Halayka's Attempt to Learn

What is "Error in Moving Message: Shawn Halayka's Attempt to Learn"?

"Error in Moving Message: Shawn Halayka's Attempt to Learn" is a scientific experiment conducted by Shawn Halayka to study the effects of errors on learning and memory. It involves participants being exposed to a moving message with intentional errors, and then being tested on their ability to recall the correct message.

What is the purpose of this experiment?

The purpose of this experiment is to investigate how errors impact the process of learning and memory. This can provide insights into how we learn and retain information, and how errors can affect this process.

What are the potential applications of this research?

This research can have various applications in areas such as education, psychology, and neuroscience. It can help educators and researchers better understand how to optimize learning and memory processes, and how to minimize the negative effects of errors.

What are the ethical considerations involved in this experiment?

As with any scientific experiment involving human participants, ethical considerations must be taken into account. This includes obtaining informed consent from participants, ensuring their safety and well-being, and protecting their privacy and confidentiality.

What are the expected results of this experiment?

The results of this experiment may vary, but it is expected that the intentional errors in the moving message will have a negative impact on participants' ability to recall the correct message. This can provide evidence for the role of errors in learning and memory processes.