Entropy change is intrinsically positive

How can I prove that the entropy change is intrinsically positive? Given two systems with both of the heat capacities are independent of temperature."In summary, Chet is asking for help in proving that the entropy change is intrinsically positive, specifically in the context of two systems with independent heat capacities. However, the conversation lacks a clear and complete description of the systems and the concept of "intrinsically positive." More information is needed to provide a precise answer.
fricke
How can I prove that the entropy change is intrinsically positive?

Given two systems with both of the heat capacities are independent of temperature.

Science news on Phys.org
fricke said:
How can I prove that the entropy change is intrinsically positive?

Given two systems with both of the heat capacities are independent of temperature.
You need to explain a little better. What does "intrinsically positive" mean in this context?

Regarding two systems with both of the heat capacities are independent of temperature...huh? Put yourself in my place reading this and trying to envision what your are talking about. You need to present a more precise and complete description.

Chet

Related to Entropy change is intrinsically positive

1. What is the concept of entropy change?

The concept of entropy change refers to the measure of the disorder or randomness of a system. It is a thermodynamic property that describes the distribution of energy within a system.

2. Why is entropy change considered to be intrinsically positive?

Entropy change is considered to be intrinsically positive because it is a measure of the natural tendency of a system to move towards a state of disorder or randomness. This means that in any natural process, the overall entropy of a system will always increase.

3. What is the relationship between entropy change and the second law of thermodynamics?

The second law of thermodynamics states that the total entropy of a closed system will always increase over time, or at best remain constant. This is directly related to the concept of entropy change, as it explains why entropy change is always positive.

4. Can entropy change ever be negative?

In theory, entropy change can be negative, but this would violate the second law of thermodynamics. In reality, it is extremely unlikely for a system to decrease in entropy, as it would require a highly organized and improbable arrangement of particles.

5. How is entropy change related to the direction of natural processes?

The direction of natural processes is determined by the increase in entropy. This means that in any natural process, the entropy of a system will always increase or remain constant. Therefore, the concept of entropy change is closely related to the direction of natural processes.