Engineering Mechanics: Get Your Top Book Recommendations Here!

In summary, the conversation is about a person looking for a recommended book on Engineering Mechanics. They express frustration with not receiving replies, and clarify that they are looking for a book with detailed explanations of the theory. Another person recommends "Machinery's Handbook" or "Mechanical Engineer's Handbook", but the person clarifies that they are specifically interested in Newtonian Mechanics. Finally, someone suggests a list of books to consider, including "An Introduction to Mechanics", "The Feynman Lectures on Physics", "Principles of Dynamics", and "Classical Mechanics".
nanunath
Plz recommend me a very good book for Engineering Mechanics

Plz..atleast reply guys..I know such question "generally" get no replies..I want "ur recommended best book=ur view"...not "the best book"
Thanks for Visiting the thrd
Bye

Engineering news on Phys.org
hey...I don't see why does this happen to every thread of this kind...huh?
Plz reply... :smile:

If you are more specific, I'm sure you will get some replies.

ok...Thanks

I want a good book for "Engineering Mechanics" the one which explains everything to damn detailed levels...
Problems is not an issue..I want the subject matter(theory) to be great great details...
Thats all..hope this was specific...if not please take the effort to tell me..what more specifications I should post(I think I had the only specification I posted in this post)..:smile
Thanks..

But there is no such book, the closest you wil get are the Handbooks, and they have to be very straightforward due to book size limits. The biggest I own is about 3000 pages, full of quick reference tables.

You may try the "Machinery's Handbook":

http://books.google.com.br/books?id...6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=machinery handbook&f=false

Or, perhaps, the "Mechanical Engineer's Handbook" will suit you best, but don't expect in depth theory:

http://books.google.com.br/books?id...&resnum=1&ved=0CC0Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

hey thaks..but friend I was talikng of "Newtonian Mechanics" (in depth treatment)=> that engg mechanics

Last edited:
Now you are being specific.
I'm sure you will get replies from the physicists in this forum, if you direct your thread to them.

Hard to say without knowing anything about you & what you know already, but here's a list in roughly ascending order:

An introduction to mechanics, Kleppner, Daniel
The Feynman Lectures on Physics, esp volume 1, Feynman, Richard P.
Principles of dynamics, Donald T. Greenwood
Classical mechanics, Goldstein, Herbert

These are just a few 'classics' there are many other good books. search amazon "classical mechanics" and/or "dynamics" for more with reviews
Good Luck

Related to Engineering Mechanics: Get Your Top Book Recommendations Here!

What is Engineering Mechanics?

Engineering Mechanics is the study of forces and motions that affect the behavior of physical objects. It is a branch of physics that combines principles from mechanics, materials science, and mathematics to analyze and design structures, machines, and systems.

Why is Engineering Mechanics important?

Engineering Mechanics is important because it provides the fundamental understanding and tools to design and build safe and efficient structures and machines. It also helps to predict and prevent potential failures and improve the performance of existing systems.

What are some key topics covered in Engineering Mechanics?

Some key topics in Engineering Mechanics include statics, dynamics, mechanics of materials, fluid mechanics, and thermodynamics. These topics are essential in understanding the behavior of different materials and systems under various forces and motions.

What are some recommended books for learning Engineering Mechanics?

Some recommended books for learning Engineering Mechanics include "Engineering Mechanics: Statics" by Russell C. Hibbeler, "Mechanics of Materials" by Ferdinand P. Beer and E. Russell Johnston Jr., and "Fundamentals of Fluid Mechanics" by Bruce R. Munson, Donald F. Young, and Theodore H. Okiishi.

How can I apply Engineering Mechanics in real-world situations?

Engineering Mechanics can be applied in various fields such as civil engineering, mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, and more. It is used to design and analyze structures and machines, as well as to understand the behavior of different materials and systems in real-world situations.