Energy-momentum tensor, lagrangian density

In summary, the energy-momentum tensor is a 4x4 tensor used in physics to describe the distribution of energy and momentum in a system. In the Lagrangian formalism, it is used to calculate equations of motion and is derived from the Lagrangian density. It is closely related to the conservation laws of energy and momentum, and has a special Lorentz symmetry that reflects the principles of relativity. It can be used to describe all forms of energy and momentum and is a fundamental tool in theoretical physics.
Fisica

Homework Statement

I try to calculate the energy tensor, but i can't do it like the article, and i don't know, i have a photo but it don't look very good, sorry for my english, i have a problem with a sign in the result

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

In the photos you can see the attemp at a solution

Attachments

• 1 problema.PNG
    1 problema.PNG
    22.4 KB · Views: 951
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    35.4 KB · Views: 595
  • Captura.PNG
    Captura.PNG
    16.4 KB · Views: 607
Physics news on Phys.org
This is the problem

Attachments

• Problema enunciado.PNG
    Problema enunciado.PNG
    43.5 KB · Views: 748
I must get the yellow (3) from yellow in (2)

Related to Energy-momentum tensor, lagrangian density

1. What is the energy-momentum tensor?

The energy-momentum tensor is a mathematical object used in physics to describe the distribution of energy and momentum in a given system. It is a 4x4 tensor that contains information about the energy density, momentum density, and stress of a system.

2. What is the role of the energy-momentum tensor in the Lagrangian formalism?

In the Lagrangian formalism, the energy-momentum tensor is used to calculate the equations of motion for a system. It is derived from the Lagrangian density, which is a function that describes the dynamics of a system in terms of its energy and momentum.

3. How is the energy-momentum tensor related to the conservation laws in physics?

The energy-momentum tensor is closely related to the conservation laws of energy and momentum. In particular, the conservation of energy is represented by the time-component of the tensor, while the conservation of momentum is represented by the spatial components.

4. What is the significance of the symmetry of the energy-momentum tensor?

The energy-momentum tensor has a special symmetry known as the Lorentz symmetry, which means that its components remain the same under a Lorentz transformation. This symmetry is important because it reflects the fundamental principles of relativity in physics.

5. Can the energy-momentum tensor be used to describe all forms of energy and momentum?

Yes, the energy-momentum tensor is a general mathematical concept that can be used to describe all forms of energy and momentum, including kinetic energy, potential energy, and electromagnetic energy. It is a fundamental tool in theoretical physics for understanding the behavior of physical systems.