End of Geometry - Algebra II next year

In summary, the speaker reflects on their final geometry class and expresses confidence in their upcoming Algebra II class due to their positive experience with their mentor, Mr. Scott Stack. They also mention the usefulness of graphing equations and their graphing calculator in this subject compared to geometry. They suggest that this forum is a suitable place to discuss their transition to Algebra II.
moonman239
Hey guys,

Well, it's the end of the academic year. I just had my last biweekly geometry class yesterday. I hope I did well on the chapter test I took yesterday.

Anyways, as the title suggests I'll be going into Algebra II next year. Based on my experience in geometry class, I can honestly say that I'll probably have a great time learning Algebra II. My teacher, Mr. Scott Stack is a real mentor.

He gave me a little preview yesterday of what I'll do in Algebra II. He also once said algebra can be made easier if you understand how to graph an equation. I do. My graphing calculator will actually be more useful next year than it was this year. If you'll be a sophomore in high school next year, trust me. The TI-83 and 84 Plus calculators, by default, are not very useful in geometry compared to the other math subjects. Don't ask me why, I didn't make the calculators.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Perhaps the General Discussion forum would be better?

Whovian said:
Perhaps the General Discussion forum would be better?

I considered that, and I actually think this forum would be better because I would think most people in this forum are either in or have taken Algebra II.

Related to End of Geometry - Algebra II next year

1. What is the concept of "End of Geometry - Algebra II next year"?

"End of Geometry - Algebra II next year" refers to the completion of the Geometry course and the transition to Algebra II in the following academic year. This means that students have completed all topics and learning objectives in Geometry and will move on to the next level of math in the upcoming school year.

2. Why is it important to complete Geometry before starting Algebra II?

Geometry provides the foundation for many concepts and skills that are necessary for success in Algebra II. These include understanding geometric shapes and their properties, applying geometric formulas, and using logic and reasoning to solve problems. Completing Geometry before starting Algebra II ensures that students have the necessary knowledge and skills to be successful in the more advanced course.

3. What topics are covered in Geometry that will be useful in Algebra II?

Some of the topics covered in Geometry that are essential for Algebra II include points, lines, and angles, geometric constructions, coordinate geometry, triangles and their properties, circles and their properties, and transformations. These topics provide a strong foundation for understanding more advanced concepts in Algebra II, such as functions, equations, and graphing.

4. Will students need to review Geometry concepts while taking Algebra II?

It is common for students to review some Geometry concepts while taking Algebra II, as these topics are interrelated. However, if students have a strong understanding of Geometry, they should not need to spend a significant amount of time reviewing these concepts. It is important for students to continue to practice and apply Geometry skills while learning new concepts in Algebra II.

5. What can students do to prepare for Algebra II after completing Geometry?

To prepare for Algebra II after completing Geometry, students can review important concepts from Geometry, such as geometric formulas and properties, and practice solving problems using these concepts. It is also beneficial for students to become familiar with the language and notation used in Algebra II, as well as review any prerequisite math skills, such as simplifying expressions and solving equations. Students can also seek out additional resources or tutoring if needed to strengthen their understanding of Geometry and prepare for Algebra II.