Electromagnetic Brake System

In summary, the speaker is working on designing an Electromagnetic Disc Brake system and has shared their calculations through Rapidshare links. They are looking for feedback and help with calculating the magnetic field and current needed to stop a vehicle from 100 Km/h to 0 Km/h. They mention that this is a project assigned by their professor and ask about the advantages and disadvantages of electric brakes. The person they are speaking to does not have a Rapidshare account and asks for their email address, but the speaker is reminded not to share personal information.
wikicheema
Hello friend.

I am working of design of Electromagnetic Disc Brake system. I have performed some calculation. which you can find on following links.

https://rapidshare.com/files/3568781938/untitled_folder.zip
https://rapidshare.com/files/2134776724/untitled_folder_2.zip

Please have a look on it. and mention my mistakes. The next thing I want to know , how to calculate the magnetic field and current required to stop the vehicle from 100 Km/h to 0 Km/h

Waiting for replies..
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
may I as k WHY electric brakes?
what do you think the advantages are vs disadvantages..

Thsi is our project defined by the professor. Have u checked attachemnts?

The attachments are not opening for me.

Isn't homework, etc. to be posted in another section.

you don't have rapid share account?

give me email.. i will send it on ut email address.

Please do not post or request e-mail addresses.

Also, wikicheema, you need to repost this in the homework forum and show your work on the template provided.

Related to Electromagnetic Brake System

1. What is an electromagnetic brake system?

An electromagnetic brake system is a type of braking system that uses the principles of electromagnetism to slow down or stop motion. It is commonly used in vehicles, industrial machinery, and other equipment.

2. How does an electromagnetic brake system work?

The system consists of an electromagnet, a power source, and a metal disc or drum attached to the rotating part of the machinery. When the power is applied to the electromagnet, it creates a magnetic field that attracts the metal disc or drum, causing it to slow down or stop.

3. What are the advantages of using an electromagnetic brake system?

One of the main advantages is that it allows for precise and immediate control over the braking force. It also generates less heat and friction compared to traditional friction brakes, which can increase the lifespan of the braking system and reduce maintenance costs.

4. Are there any limitations to using an electromagnetic brake system?

One potential limitation is that the system requires a power source, so if there is a power outage or failure, the brakes may not work. Additionally, electromagnetic brakes may not be suitable for heavy-duty applications or high-speed vehicles, as they may not provide enough braking force.

5. Is an electromagnetic brake system safe to use?

Yes, an electromagnetic brake system is generally considered safe when properly designed and maintained. However, as with any braking system, it is important to regularly inspect and maintain the system to ensure its reliability and safety.