Electromagnet stick is the key to build a flying disk

In summary, increasing the input voltage of the electromagnet stick will make it more powerful and resistant to changing direction, but adding a jet motor to the end of the stick will not make the disk fly without any other support. Stronger magnets will not make a disk fly by itself, as the Earth's magnetic field is not strong enough to support it.
tweedo
The electromagnet stick always head N/s, no matter how fast the rotation of the shell of the disk is, you just need to control the input voltage of it, and it will not get heavy if the Magnetic stronger. I think the input higher voltage can make it head with power and hard to change the direction and return to the N/S quickly.

In that case, fix a jet motor on the end of electromagnet stick, the flying disk will move forward easily while rotation.

Sorry for my bad english.

Physics news on Phys.org
Can you provide an image showing your concept?

No, you cannot make a disk flying without any support, like magnets on the ground to keep it in position. With support, look up the concept of maglev trains: It already exists and you can move these trains easily.

I need the Earth poles to keep its position, it can fly because the disk is wing. I think rotating is a better aerodynamic than the traditional wing

img link
http://bayimg.com/OaOjiaadc
http://image.bayimg.com/oaojiaadc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
http://image.bayimg.com/oaojiaadc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
tweedoo said:
I need the Earth poles to keep its position, it can fly because the disk is wing. I think rotating is a better aerodynamic than the traditional wing

The magnetic field of the Earth is nowhere near strong enough, by orders of magnitude, to keep a magnet in position. Did you ever wonder why the needles of compasses weigh less than a gram and are balanced on the tip of a pin?

I guess the magnet of the needle is not strong enough to reposition itself if heavy, in that way it may go back but will too slow. I want to ask if the magnet is very strong may it be keep the position with power?

tweedoo said:
I guess the magnet of the needle is not strong enough to reposition itself if heavy, in that way it may go back but will too slow. I want to ask if the magnet is very strong may it be keep the position with power?

No. Otherwise every powerful magnet we use would try to rip itself from its foundations to orient itself N-S. They don't.

DaveC426913 said:
No. Otherwise every powerful magnet we use would try to rip itself from its foundations to orient itself N-S. They don't.

Sorry, I couldn't understand English much, please say it clearly again let me know about my fault...

tweedoo said:
I want to ask if the magnet is very strong may it be keep the position with power?
No. Making the magnet stronger will not make it more prone to orienting itself with the Earth's magnetic poles.

Related to Electromagnet stick is the key to build a flying disk

1. How does an electromagnet stick help in building a flying disk?

An electromagnet stick uses electricity to create a magnetic field, which can be used to attract or repel other magnets. This property can be utilized in building a flying disk by using the electromagnet stick to create a repelling force between the disk and the ground, allowing it to hover or fly.

2. Can any type of electromagnet stick be used to build a flying disk?

No, the electromagnet stick used in building a flying disk needs to be specifically designed for that purpose. It needs to have a strong enough magnetic field to support the weight of the disk and be able to switch on and off quickly to control the flight of the disk.

3. What materials are commonly used in building an electromagnet stick for a flying disk?

The core of the electromagnet stick is usually made of iron or other magnetic materials, while the coil is made of copper wire. The handle and control mechanism can be made of plastic or other lightweight materials.

4. How does the electromagnet stick control the flight of the flying disk?

By turning the electromagnet on and off quickly, the magnetic field can be manipulated to either attract or repel the disk. This creates a push and pull effect, allowing the disk to move in different directions and control its flight.

5. Is it safe to use an electromagnet stick to build a flying disk?

As with any electrical device, caution should be taken when using an electromagnet stick to build a flying disk. It is important to follow proper safety precautions and use the electromagnet stick in accordance with its instructions. Additionally, the disk should not be flown near any electronic devices or people to avoid any potential hazards.