Electrical force look for my mistake please

In summary, a small 5.48 g plastic ball is suspended in a uniform electric field of 3980 N/C by a 24.7 cm long string. With an acceleration of gravity of 9.8 m/s2 and Coulomb constant of 8.99×109 N · m2/C2, the ball is in equilibrium when the string makes a 27.6◦ angle with the vertical. Using the formula q= m*g*tanz/e, the net charge on the ball is calculated to be 31.79545474 μC. The correct angle to use is 27.6º, not 24.7º.
Number1
A small 5.48 g plastic ball is suspended by a
24.7 cm long string in a uniform electric field
of 3980 N/C, as shown.The acceleration of gravity is 9.8 m/s2 , and
the Coulomb constant is 8.99×109 N · m2/C2..
If the ball is in equilibrium when the string
makes a 27.6◦ angle with the vertical as indi-
cated, what is the net charge on the ball?
Answer in units of μC.

This is how i did it.

q= m*g*tanz/e
q= 24.7e-3 * 9.81*tan 24.7 / 3980
q= 31.79545474

Please tell me what is wrong or if i am using the wrong formula

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Number1! :smile:

(have a degree: º and try using the X2 tag just above the Reply box :wink:)
Number1 said:
q= 24.7e-3 * 9.81*tan 24.7 / 3980

(I haven't checked the rest of your calculation, but …) that 24.7º should be 27.6º. :smile:

Related to Electrical force look for my mistake please

What is electrical force?

Electrical force is a fundamental force in nature that describes the interaction between charged particles. It is responsible for the attraction or repulsion between particles based on their charges.

How is electrical force measured?

Electrical force is measured in units of Newtons (N) and is calculated using Coulomb's law, which states that the force between two charged particles is directly proportional to the product of their charges and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them.

What are the two types of electrical force?

The two types of electrical force are attractive and repulsive. Attractive force occurs between opposite charges, while repulsive force occurs between like charges.

What is the role of electrical force in everyday life?

Electrical force plays a crucial role in many aspects of our daily lives, such as generating electricity, powering electronic devices, and even the functioning of our nervous system. It is also responsible for lightning, which is a natural phenomenon caused by a buildup of electrical charge in the atmosphere.

How does electrical force relate to magnetism?

Electrical force and magnetism are closely related. Moving electric charges produce a magnetic field, and a changing magnetic field can induce an electric current. This connection is described by Maxwell's equations and is the basis for many modern technologies, including electric motors and generators.