Electric Book Needed: A-Z Guide to Electricity

In summary, there are several recommended books for learning about electricity from beginner to advanced levels. Purcell is a classic introductory text, while "Physics for Scientists and Engineers" is a simpler option for high school level. More advanced books like Griffiths and Jackson require advanced math skills. For those looking for a non-technical overview, "Electricity and Magnetism" or high school physics books are suggested. Additionally, there is a book on Amazon that provides a big picture view of electricity and its uses.
adjacent
Gold Member
I want a book about electricity from a to z.Please help.

Physics news on Phys.org
The classic introductory text is Purcell. If you don't know vector calculus, though, I'd recommend you learn that first.

If you want a simpler text more suited to the high school level, then I'm sure anyone of the books titled "Physics for Scientists and Engineers" will cover electricity and magnetism in some detail.

Other popular books are Griffiths and Jackson, but these are more advanced and require somewhat sophisticated mathematics.

Last edited:
If you need to learn basic fundamentals then physics books would be better for you than Electrical Engineering books. Go for any book titled 'Electricity and Magnetism' or high school physics books first.

I just like the title of this thread, makes me think of a book with automated page turning or a prank that shocks people when they open it.

adjacent said:
I want a book about electricity from a to z.Please help.

If you want a non-technical book to start with, here is one for $10 (used versions are even cheaper) that looks pretty nice: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0486209733/?tag=pfamazon01-20. Read this to get a big picture view of electricity and how it is generated/stored/put to use.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Electric Book Needed: A-Z Guide to Electricity

1. What is an electric book and why is it needed?

An electric book is a comprehensive guide that covers all aspects of electricity, from basic concepts to advanced principles. It is needed because electricity is a fundamental part of our daily lives and having a better understanding of it can help us make informed decisions and use it safely.

2. Who is the target audience for this electric book?

The target audience for this electric book is anyone who wants to learn or expand their knowledge about electricity. It can be useful for students, professionals, and even individuals who are interested in DIY projects involving electricity.

3. What topics are covered in this electric book?

This electric book covers a wide range of topics including the history of electricity, basic principles of electricity, circuits and conductors, electrical safety, energy sources, and various applications of electricity in everyday life.

4. Are there any visuals or diagrams included in the electric book?

Yes, this electric book includes numerous visuals, diagrams, and illustrations to help explain complex concepts and make the learning experience more engaging and interactive.

5. Is this electric book up-to-date with current technology?

Yes, this electric book is regularly updated to reflect the latest advancements in technology and changes in the field of electricity. It also includes information on renewable energy sources and sustainable practices related to electricity.