Eight short questions, but very important to me

In summary, the questions are asking about:1. Is matter a "frozen" energy?2. What is electric charge and how does it work?3. What is the meaning of "propagating fields of magnet and electricity?"4. Why does light go straight from the source, unaffected by surrounding fields?5. What is the process of turning matter into energy and energy into matter?6. Are higgs particles created when energy exceeds a certain level?7. And finally, what happens to positron and electron when they meet in a magnetic field?I don't understand your questions here, can you re-phrase them?1. Matter has energy, like
menniandscience
please read all the question and when answering only some, mention which question you are answering
1. matter is a "frozen" energy (yes or no)
2. heat is energy, measured by the movement speed of molecules
3. electromagnetic waves as the go next to the to the atomes they pull and push the atomes (or molecules) because of the binary change - disturbence in the electricity field and disturbance with the magntic field
4. the disturbance in the fields is the fields of the atomes create
5. who can a ray of light go through outer atmosphere space, there are no fields there!
6. you may say a ray of light is not going but propagating, but it is not stretching but a disturb that moves forword (for example, 1 meter light wave moves as one meter light wave from sun to earth). [was the particle phase of energy an instrumental theory?]
7.why every object that accelerate (faster or slower) is emits energy?
8.one atom is a neutral magnetic unit. if we take 2 magnets and get the + of one of them to touch the - of the other, why (and maybe there it is & i don't know) there is no canceling affect like in atom which become neutral?

thank you very much!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
meni ohana said:
1. matter is a "frozen" energy (yes or no)
No. Matter has energy, like it has mass, or charge, or velocity. I wouldn't say that it is energy.
meni ohana said:
2. heat is energy, measured by the movement speed of molecules
Heat is the transfer of energy from a hot body to a cold body in thermal contact.
meni ohana said:
3. electromagnetic waves as the go next to the to the atomes they pull and push the atomes (or molecules) because of the binary change - disturbence in the electricity field and disturbance with the magntic field
4. the disturbance in the fields is the fields of the atomes create
6. you may say a ray of light is not going but propagating, but it is not stretching but a disturb that moves forword (for example, 1 meter light wave moves as one meter light wave from sun to earth). [was the particle phase of energy an instrumental theory?]
I don't understand your questions here, can you re-phrase them?
meni ohana said:
5. who can a ray of light go through outer atmosphere space, there are no fields there!
Yes, there are fields in space.
meni ohana said:
On the contrary, it takes energy for an object to accelerate.
meni ohana said:
8.one atom is a neutral magnetic unit. if we take 2 magnets and get the + of one of them to touch the - of the other, why (and maybe there it is & i don't know) there is no canceling affect like in atom which become neutral?
Not all atoms are magnetically "neutral", many have a magnetic dipole moment. This is a key fact used in nuclear magnetic resonance.

thank for answering me!

A is electron can be defined as one side magnet?

B what is electric charge means? I've been taught that every power is a particle. so when elctron attract proton how does he do it? (what does it sends to attract?)

C if a body is hot then it has already possesses heat!

D why the definition of light is propagating fields of magnet and electricty? the meaning of propagate is to multyply, to be more than it was before or spread. but light dosn't act like that! it goes straight from the source in a linear way (affected of course by the gravity)!
although i still don't know the answer of B yet, i know that there are no magntic and electric fields everywhere in outer space, therfore, light can travel regardless there are fields or not.

E can you tell me what is the process of turning matter can turn into energy and energy can become matter? are higgs particles join\create when the energy exceeds certain level? and when positron and electron meets they loose all the higgs?

F not very important, i was trying to explain to my self why heat is not good for me. heat is not good for me because it ruins my protein and other organic compounds. and how heat is doing it? the atomes that are not me makes my atomes go faster. and how the atomes that are not me go fast? the ray of light which comes from the sun is crossing next to an atom by doing so, the "propagating" magnetic field of the light makes the electrones in the atomes to move, the negative charge of the electron (which has just moved) pushes the positive proton and the whole atom moves becuse of that...at least in my mind, with mechanical explanation

G I've made a mistake, charged particle does emits energy when crossing a magnetic field and accelerate

thank again!

Last edited:
meni ohana said:

Accelerated charged particles emit energy.

meni ohana said:
No, an electron is definitely not a monopole.
meni ohana said:
B what is electric charge means? I've been taught that every power is a particle. so when elctron attract proton how does he do it? (what does it sends to attract?)
Charge is just a property possessed by certain particles which gives rise to and interacts with the electromagnetic force. I assume that by "every power is a particle", you are referring to force-mediating bosons. The electromagnetic force is mediated by photons. The exchange of photons between the two interacting bodies give rise to the force.
meni ohana said:
It possesses thermal energy, not heat! Heat, as Dale pointed out earlier, specifically refers to the transfer of thermal energy from one body to another.
meni ohana said:
D why the definition of light is propagating fields of magnet and electricty? the meaning of propagate is to multyply, to be more than it was before or spread. but light dosn't act like that! it goes straight from the source in a linear way (affected of course by the gravity)!
although i still don't know the answer of B yet, i know that there are no magntic and electric fields everywhere in outer space, therfore, light can travel regardless there are fields or not.
I don't understand the point you are trying to make here, but light, or electromagnetic radiation is composed of mutually perpendicular time-varying (ie oscillating) magnetic and electric fields. That is what light is.
meni ohana said:
E can you tell me what is the process of turning matter can turn into energy and energy can become matter? are higgs particles join\create when the energy exceeds certain level? and when positron and electron meets they loose all the higgs?
Fusion and fission are some notable examples of mass-energy being converted into other forms of energy. It seems like you have some strange perception of the Higgs boson. Coupling with the Higgs field is proposed to be the origin of mass. If we want to be able to detect the Higgs boson, then we must have collisions in which the energy exceeds the rest mass(-energy) of the Higgs boson.

meni ohana said:
No, there is no such thing as a magnetic monopole.

meni ohana said:
They are called "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_particle" ", but you probably should learn classical mechanics and EM first.

meni ohana said:
The term you are thinking of is "thermal energy". If a body is hot then it has a lot of thermal energy. Heat is the transfer of that thermal energy from one object to another.

The correct terminology is not usually terribly important in this case. Many people, including myself, often use "heat" as a synonym for "thermal energy". It is technically incorrect, but people will understand what you say.

meni ohana said:
I don't know why you think that there are no magnetic and electric fields in outer space. The http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_microwave_background_radiation" is throughout all of space and has its own EM fields.

meni ohana said:
Again, I would recommend that you learn classical mechanics and EM first. As far as turning matter into energy and vice versa you can look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pair_production" .

meni ohana said:
F not very important, i was trying to explain to my self why heat is not good for me. heat is not good for me because it ruins my protein and other organic compounds. and how heat is doing it? the atomes that are not me makes my atomes go faster. and how the atomes that are not me go fast? the ray of light which comes from the sun is crossing next to an atom by doing so, the "propagating" magnetic field of the light makes the electrones in the atomes to move, the negative charge of the electron (which has just moved) pushes the positive proton and the whole atom moves becuse of that...at least in my mind, with mechanical explanation
Sounds good to me. You can also think of it in terms of conservation of energy. The EM fields contain energy, which is transferred to the material when the field is absorbed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Eight short questions, but very important to me

1. What is the purpose of these eight short questions?

The purpose of these eight short questions is to gather important information and insights from individuals in a concise and efficient manner.

2. How will my answers be used?

Your answers will be used to help analyze and understand various topics and issues related to the specific subject matter.

3. Can I skip any of the questions?

While it is encouraged to answer all of the questions, you may skip any that you do not feel comfortable answering. However, your responses may provide valuable insights, so it is recommended to answer as many questions as possible.

4. Will my answers be kept confidential?

Yes, your answers will be kept confidential and will only be used for the intended purpose. Your privacy is important and will be respected.

5. How long will it take to complete these questions?

The time it takes to complete these questions will vary depending on the person, but it should not take more than a few minutes to answer all eight questions.