Efficiently Navigate Forum Threads: View Posts, Unanswered, and More

• Thread starter 0TheSwerve0
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the usefulness of having three links at the top of the page labeled "View posts since last visit," "View your posts," and "View unanswered posts." The interlocutors also discuss different ways of accessing these features and their preferences for using the links. They also mention the symbols that indicate whether a thread has been replied to or how many views it has received.
0TheSwerve0
I like having the 3 links at the top of the page labeled -
View posts since last visit (I see we already have this)
View your posts (get back to the threads you're involved in faster)
View unanswered posts

Yay? Nay?

Physics news on Phys.org
0TheSwerve0 said:
I like having the 3 links at the top of the page labeled -
View posts since last visit (I see we already have this)
Yep, that one we already have.
View your posts (get back to the threads you're involved in faster)
Click on your username in any thread and in the drop-down menu, choose "view more posts by..." That will take you directly to a list of your own posts. Also, you could go into your user CP and set subscriptions so you are automatically subscribed to any post you reply to, then you can view your subscriptions under the "Quick Links" drop down menu at the top.

View unanswered posts
Do you mean ones you haven't replied to, or ones that nobody has? Either is pretty easy to identify just scanning down the index page. Whenever you reply to a thread, it changes the symbol to a little person (some people think they're bombs...it's hard to tell from the size they are). And, of course, unanswered threads all just have 0 replies in the post count.

Yeah, I realize we have ways of doing these things, but these links make it faster and easier.

Moonbear said:
(some people think they're bombs...it's hard to tell from the size they are).

:eek: It's not a bomb? It's hard for people without microscopes to tell, you know. :-p

I've always wanted to ask this...is the size of the bomb...er...little person a function of time? I haven't seen how it changes exactly, but does it change with number of posts, the age of the thread, or what?

What little bombs? I tried both skins, and all I see are little letter boxes, with some of them on fire and others not on fire.

berkeman said:
What little bombs? I tried both skins, and all I see are little letter boxes, with some of them on fire and others not on fire.
Yeah, it's a black kettle (like a witch's cauldron) and fire is shooting up out of it. That means you've posted in the thread. Then sometimes the entire envelope is in flames, but that means it's hit 500 views.

Evo said:
Yeah, it's a black kettle (like a witch's cauldron) and fire is shooting up out of it.
:smile: That "fire" is the head! :smile:

Related to Efficiently Navigate Forum Threads: View Posts, Unanswered, and More

1. What are "post links"?

"Post links" are clickable hyperlinks that are shared on social media platforms, blogs, and other websites to direct users to specific content or websites.

2. How do I post a link?

The process for posting a link may vary depending on the platform you are using. Generally, you can copy the URL of the webpage you want to share and paste it into the designated area for posting links. Some platforms also allow you to use buttons or icons to insert links.

3. Can I post any link I want?

In most cases, yes. However, some platforms may have restrictions on certain types of links, such as those that are considered spam or malicious. It is always a good idea to check the platform's terms of use before posting a link.

4. How can I track the performance of my posted links?

Many platforms have built-in analytics tools that allow you to track the performance of your posted links, such as the number of clicks and views. You can also use third-party link tracking tools to get more detailed insights.

5. Are there any best practices for posting links?

Yes, there are a few best practices to keep in mind when posting links. These include using clear and concise descriptions, posting relevant content, and avoiding overly promotional language. It is also important to ensure that the link is functioning properly before posting it.