EE PhD QE Prep: YouTube Lectures on SPP, Magnetic Field, etc.

In summary: I'm struggling to understand the difference between the two.In summary, Matt provides a summary of the content. He apologizes for the poor audio quality and offers suggestions for improving the audio quality. He asks for feedback on the technical aspects of the presentations. Comments and questions about the technical aspects of the presentations are welcome.
matandch
In preparation for my PhD Qualifying Exam I've prepared a series of lectures on SPP Dispersion Relations , Boundary conditions; Magnetic Field, Transmission Lines Part 1, and Reflection Transmission Normal Incidence Part 1 among other things. My YouTube page can be found at:

I'd especially like to hear comments and questions about the technical aspects of the presentations and not so much on style and presentation.

Thanks,

Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Sorry to say but the audio quality is poor.

It would be hard for me to give you a good review on the technical aspects of the presentation as can barely make out what you are saying.

Thank you for looking.

I do apologize for the sound quality of some of the videos. I'm limited with respect to what technology I have available for the videos. If you'd like, you can try hiking up the volume on the YouTube and /or your computer. That seemed to help. Also, if you try some of the other videos in the series, they might be somewhat better as I tried to increase the volume of my mic to compensate.

Matt

Comments and questions about the technical aspects of the presentations are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt -

I 've started watching the videos and they are great. Any chance you could publish the order in which they were intended to be viewed?
This would help.

Good luck with the verbal comps

Hey Matt,

Nice videos.

-Senior undergrad EE major

Maybe you could open up part two of your TL line lecture with a brief explanation of lumped and distributed elements.

Related to EE PhD QE Prep: YouTube Lectures on SPP, Magnetic Field, etc.

1. What topics are covered in the YouTube lectures for EE PhD QE preparation?

The YouTube lectures cover topics such as signal processing and probability (SPP), magnetic fields, and other relevant topics for the EE PhD qualifying exam preparation.

2. Are the lectures suitable for all levels of EE PhD students?

Yes, the lectures are designed to cater to students at all levels of their EE PhD program. They cover both basic and advanced concepts, making them suitable for all students.

3. Are the lectures comprehensive enough to prepare for the EE PhD qualifying exam?

Yes, the lectures cover all the necessary topics and provide in-depth explanations and examples to help students prepare for the EE PhD qualifying exam.

4. Are there any practice problems or exercises included in the lectures?

Yes, the lectures include practice problems and exercises to help students test their understanding and prepare for the exam. Additionally, the lectures also provide tips and strategies for solving problems effectively.

5. Are there any additional resources recommended to supplement the YouTube lectures for EE PhD QE preparation?

Yes, the YouTube lectures recommend additional resources such as textbooks and research papers to supplement and further enhance students' understanding of the topics covered. These resources can also be useful for additional practice and review.