Dropdown menu items and RSS link

• Thread starter TurtleMeister
  • Start date
In summary, the dropdown menu items at the top of the index page with an arrow are not working for the speaker. They used to work on mouse-over, but now they do not open when clicked. The issue was resolved by allowing ajax.googleapis.com and clearing cookies, which the speaker had not had to do before. The RSS link was also mentioned as a potential issue, but it was later determined that it was not needed and everything is now working as expected.
TurtleMeister
The dropdown menu items at the top of the index page (the ones with an arrow) are not working for me. I think they use to work on mouse-over. Also, what happened to the RSS link?

Physics news on Phys.org
TurtleMeister said:
The dropdown menu items at the top of the index page (the ones with an arrow) are not working for me. I think they use to work on mouse-over,
They don't open when you click on them? (mouse over doesn't work)

It's working now. I use NoScript and I normally only allow what's necessary for functionality. In this case I had to allow ajax.googleapis.com and then clear cookies. I don't remember having to clear cookies before. But anyway it's working now so all is good. Well except for the RSS link. Has that been removed, or do I still have a problem?

Edit
Never mind about the RSS link. I don't need. Everything is good.

Last edited:

Related to Dropdown menu items and RSS link

1. What is a dropdown menu item?

A dropdown menu item is a clickable option in a menu that expands to show additional options when selected. It is commonly used in website navigation to organize and categorize different pages or features.

2. How do I add a dropdown menu item to my website?

To add a dropdown menu item to your website, you will need to use HTML and CSS to create the menu structure and style it accordingly. You can also use a pre-built menu plugin or code snippet to save time and simplify the process.

3. Can I customize the design and appearance of my dropdown menu items?

Yes, you can customize the design and appearance of your dropdown menu items using CSS. You can change the font, color, size, and positioning to match your website's overall design and branding.

4. What is an RSS link and how does it relate to dropdown menu items?

An RSS link is a way to subscribe to a website's content and receive updates automatically. It can be added to a dropdown menu item to provide quick access for users to subscribe to a website's RSS feed and stay updated on new content.

5. Are dropdown menu items and RSS links important for website usability?

Yes, dropdown menu items and RSS links are important for website usability as they help organize and streamline navigation, making it easier for users to find and access content. They also provide a convenient way for users to stay updated on new content through RSS feeds.