Dr. Kaku Chat Review: Share Your Thoughts

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary: Integral had already done.It went surprisingly fast and I got to do a through read of the text!I hope you were able to leverage off of my work!lol for the first one I did it all by myself... in word using search and replace technique for the second and third chat i was able to use what you did and just cleaned them up a bit more.

Dr. Kaku Chat

• Worthwhile

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Not Worthwhile

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Did not participate

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
Please lend us on your thoughts about the chat. How were the times, dates, questions and format...

Physics news on Phys.org
Transcripts

I would just like to say that the 3 sessions were very intellectually entertaining, and hope to be able to participate in more of such sessions in the near future.
However, are there any transcripts of the 3 sessions available?

I would have loved to participate but I wasn't around I am going to try to catch the next one

I thought it was great.

Unfortunaltly a reality of life reared its ugly head. I had to work, and evitently the corprate firewall blocked the chat room. I could not get in.

I have read through the transcripts. They are a good read. Do you suppose it would be worthwhile do a bit of clean up to make them a bit more readable?

Greg Bernhardt said:
Please lend us on your thoughts about the chat. How were the times, dates, questions and format...

I think it was an overall success, although I had originally been skirting around, waiting for the Time of events, I posted a question on the first day/session, but could not handle the waiting! This was more of a fault of mine, but the question was logged and it appeared the next day.

It waould have been great to have a separate browser, with the text more readable, as has allready been relayed, but my overall opinion of Q+A's, is very interesting and enjoyable, well done.

P.S who is going to be the next target? aim high shoot low!

I think the discussion was very worth while and I learned a few things. The key to having a successful chat session is to have good questions. For next time I would like to see a thread opened up before hand where people can submit their questions ahead of time if they can't show up or ask for help developing a question. Moderators can then pick the best questions from this thread and submit it to questionbot.

dduardo said:
I think the discussion was very worth while and I learned a few things. The key to having a successful chat session is to have good questions. For next time I would like to see a thread opened up before hand where people can submit their questions ahead of time if they can't show up or ask for help developing a question. Moderators can then pick the best questions from this thread and submit it to questionbot.

Agreed, one of the problems was they litterally told me the dates last thursday, which gave me three days to prepare, most of the time was spent finding a chat applet.

I am looking for the transcripts and have not found them yet. Where are they located? thanks, nc

thanks
nightcleaner

I have cleaned up the text of the events and posted a more readable format. I made every effort to preserve all of Dr Kaku's words and the questions asked.

hahaha I did it at the same time you were doing it integral by the time i finished the first you had 1-3 translated, I still posted my link... I put them into word format.

http://www.quantumninja.com/toe/files/Mkakuchat/Transcript_one.doc
link to the file

I have also put the other two files into nice word files

http://www.quantumninja.com/toe/files/Mkakuchat/Transcript_two.doc

and

http://www.quantumninja.com/toe/files/Mkakuchat/Transcript_three.doc

They will also be on my website www.utoe.org in download section.

I will atempt to archive the chats as they occur so General Physics doesn't turn into Sticky land, I also helped to make the chats readable... thanks to integral as well... by the time i did one the long way Integral had done all 3... I just cleaned them up 2 and 3 a bit more and put them in word...

They will be available at www.utoe.org
-Downloads
--General
---Dr. M Kaku Chat

Ha! Another case of great minds think alike. I simply copy pasted into note pad and chopped out the extra text. I noted that the text is in a comma separated format, thought I might be able to use Excel to delete a lot of it. Unfortunately Excel was unable to differentiate between commas separating data fields and commas embedded in the text. So I still had a significant amount of hand editing to clean it up.

It went surprisingly fast and I got to do a through read of the text!

I hope you were able to leverage off of my work!

lol for the first one I did it all by myself... in word using search and replace technique for the second and third chat i was able to use what you did.

Nice work Integral and Tom! I will replace your copies with my raw versions. Also soon I will send the chat transcripts to the kaku forums for permanent recidency :)

Related to Dr. Kaku Chat Review: Share Your Thoughts

1. What is Dr. Kaku Chat Review?

Dr. Kaku Chat Review is a popular online platform where people can share their thoughts and opinions on the latest scientific and technological developments. It is hosted by renowned physicist and futurist, Dr. Michio Kaku.

2. How can I participate in Dr. Kaku Chat Review?

To participate in Dr. Kaku Chat Review, simply visit the website and click on the "Join the Discussion" button. You can then create an account and start sharing your thoughts on various topics.

3. Can I ask Dr. Kaku questions during the chat?

Unfortunately, Dr. Kaku does not actively participate in the chat, but he does occasionally answer select questions that are submitted by users. However, the chat is moderated by a team of experts who can help answer any questions you may have.

4. Are there any rules for participating in the chat?

Yes, there are rules that all participants must follow to ensure a respectful and productive discussion. These rules include avoiding hate speech, personal attacks, and spamming. You can find the full list of rules on the Dr. Kaku Chat Review website.

5. Can I access previous Dr. Kaku Chat Review discussions?

Yes, all previous discussions are archived on the Dr. Kaku Chat Review website, so you can easily access and read through past conversations. This is a great way to catch up on any topics you may have missed or to revisit interesting discussions.