Double Integral problem (E^x^3)

In summary, the individual attempted to solve a problem by changing the integration values from dxdy to dydx, but was unsuccessful and unable to achieve the same result. They then tried changing the ranges to 0<x<1 and x^2 < y <1, but did not find success. After receiving a suggestion to draw a sketch of the region, they realized their mistake and corrected the range to 0<y<x^2. They express gratitude for the help and acknowledge their silly mistake.
Lucas Mayr
Relevant equations

cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427eo4ltj0je2q&f=HBQTQYZYGY4TQM3BGZRTSNJRHEYDCM3CMM2GMNRYGMYDIN3FGFQQaaaa.gif

The Attempt at a Solution

i've tried changing the integration values from dxdy to dydx, but without success.
i can't seem to get the same result after i change the ranges
tried to change to 0<x<1 , x^2 < y <1
some light would be appreciated

Physics news on Phys.org
Lucas Mayr said:
Relevant equations

cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427eo4ltj0je2q&f=HBQTQYZYGY4TQM3BGZRTSNJRHEYDCM3CMM2GMNRYGMYDIN3FGFQQaaaa.gif

The Attempt at a Solution

i've tried changing the integration values from dxdy to dydx, but without success.
i can't seem to get the same result after i change the ranges
tried to change to 0<x<1 , x^2 < y <1
some light would be appreciated

Did you draw a sketch of the region? I think 0 < y < x^2.

i just did a re-sketch of the region and i was looking at it the wrong way, the range is 0<y<x^2 like you said.
such a silly mistake >.<
thanks for the help

Related to Double Integral problem (E^x^3)

1. What is a double integral problem?

A double integral problem involves calculating the volume under a 3D curved surface, also known as a surface integral. In simpler terms, it is a way of finding the area enclosed between two curves in 3D space.

2. How is a double integral problem solved?

A double integral problem can be solved by breaking it down into smaller, simpler integrals using integration rules and techniques. This involves finding the boundaries and limits of integration and then evaluating the integral using mathematical methods.

3. What is the difference between a single and a double integral?

A single integral calculates the area under a 2D curve, while a double integral calculates the volume under a 3D curved surface. In other words, a single integral is done in one dimension, while a double integral is done in two dimensions.

4. How is the double integral notation written?

The double integral notation is written as ∬f(x,y) dA, where f(x,y) represents the function being integrated, and dA represents the infinitesimal area element. The limits of integration are usually written as a and b for the x-axis and c and d for the y-axis.

5. What are some real-world applications of double integrals?

Double integrals have many real-world applications, such as calculating the volume of a 3D object, finding the center of mass of an irregular object, and determining the probability of a certain event occurring in a continuous system. They are also used in physics, engineering, and economics for various calculations and modeling.