Do quantum linked rings (quantum knots) have energy?

In summary, the conversation discusses the potential use of quantum knots for energy storage. The question is raised about whether there are any engines, heaters, batteries or other devices that can harness the energy from these knots. The response suggests that the knots may represent a different quantum state, but they are more stable and therefore would require energy to untie them rather than produce energy. The speaker asks for sources on quantum knots to further understand their potential use.
Noduagga
How can we harness that energy? Is there any engine, heater, battery or other thing that uses it?

Physics news on Phys.org
Could you explain more? From what I can tell from some very cursory research, I'm guessing that you are asking because the knot represents a different quantum state, but from what I've seen the knots are more stable states which suggests to me that it takes energy to untie them, not to tie them. So I don't think you could use them for energy storage, but I really don't know enough yet. Could you post some sources about them?

@Noduagga Can you give a reference for "quantum knots"?

Related to Do quantum linked rings (quantum knots) have energy?

1. What are quantum linked rings (quantum knots)?

Quantum linked rings, also known as quantum knots, are complex structures formed by entangled quantum particles. They are similar to regular knots, but instead of being made from physical objects, they are created from the entanglement of particles at the quantum level.

2. How are quantum linked rings different from regular knots?

Quantum linked rings are different from regular knots because they are composed of entangled quantum particles, which exhibit behaviors such as superposition and entanglement that are not seen at the macroscopic level. This makes quantum knots more complex and difficult to understand compared to regular knots.

3. Do quantum linked rings have energy?

Yes, quantum linked rings do have energy. In fact, all quantum systems have energy, even at the quantum level. The energy of a quantum linked ring is determined by the energy of the individual particles that make up the ring, as well as the entanglement between the particles.

4. What is the significance of the energy in quantum linked rings?

The energy in quantum linked rings is significant because it can affect the stability and properties of the ring. The amount of energy present in the ring can determine how long it will remain in its entangled state, as well as how easily it can be manipulated or disrupted by outside influences.

5. Can the energy in quantum linked rings be harnessed for practical use?

At this point in time, it is not possible to harness the energy in quantum linked rings for practical use. The energy of quantum systems is highly unstable and difficult to control, making it challenging to manipulate for practical purposes. However, ongoing research and advancements in quantum technology may one day lead to the practical use of energy from quantum linked rings.