DIY Computer Tower Front - Can I Make My Own?

In summary, to make your own front for your computer tower, you can visit a local shop that sells acrylic sheet plastic. Show them what you want to accomplish and ask for advice on cutting and gluing acrylic. You can also search online for companies in Philadelphia, PA that sell acrylic sheets. Alternatively, you can look for similar shops in a nearby town.
slee95
I got this sweet computer tower with a hinge door. The front where you have the drives and power button are missing can i make my own front?

Computer science news on Phys.org
You probably have a shop in town that sells acrylic sheet plastic. Haul the case in there, show them what you want to accomplish. Explain you probably don't want to spend a fortune on this. If they don't think you are going to waste their time they will sometimes be helpful, particularly if they think it is going to turn out to be something novel and cute. Ask for a little advice on how to cut and glue acrylic. You can buy a piece cut to size or you might even be able to get a small piece of scrap from their left over bin in deep red or even cobalt blue that should make an impressive front of a case if you illuminate it from behind with appropriate large LEDs.

where do you think i can get something like that in pa bill?

Bill i was just wondering if you knew any place in Pa to buy acrylic sheets?

slee95 said:
Bill i was just wondering if you knew any place in Pa to buy acrylic sheets?

Google
acrylic sheet philadelphia pa
to find a horde of companies eager to sell you acrylic sheet.
Substitute a medium sized town nearer you if necessary.

Related to DIY Computer Tower Front - Can I Make My Own?

1. Can I build my own computer tower front?

Yes, it is possible to make your own computer tower front with the right tools and materials. However, it may require advanced skills and knowledge of computer hardware and design.

2. What materials do I need to make a DIY computer tower front?

You will need a sturdy material such as acrylic or metal, a cutting tool, measuring tape, drill, screws, and a design template or software.

3. How long does it take to make a DIY computer tower front?

The time it takes to make a DIY computer tower front will vary depending on your skill level and the complexity of your design. It can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days.

4. Is it cheaper to make my own computer tower front?

It may be cheaper to make your own computer tower front if you already have the necessary tools and materials. However, if you need to purchase materials and tools, it may end up being more expensive than buying a pre-made front.

5. Do I need any special skills to make a DIY computer tower front?

It is recommended to have some basic knowledge and skills in computer hardware and design, as well as proficiency in using tools, to successfully make a DIY computer tower front. It may also be helpful to have experience in crafting or building projects.