Disappearing Threads in Calculus & Beyond: What Causes Them?

• Thread starter LCKurtz
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about a thread in the Calculus & Beyond forum where the speaker noticed a typo in their response and tried to edit it, but got an "invalid thread" message and found out the thread was gone upon returning. The other speaker explained that it was likely deleted by a Math Mentor for not following PF rules and encouraged the speaker to report such posts instead of responding. The conversation then shifted to joking about the speaker being "behind everything that happens."
LCKurtz
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
I just responded to a thread in Calculus & Beyond. Then I noticed a typo in the dummy variable so I clicked to edit my response. Got an "invalid thread" message and upon returning noticed the thread was gone. What gives?

Physics news on Phys.org
Evo.

x2791258 said:
Evo.

Evo doesn't Moderate Calc & Beyond...

LCKurtz said:
I just responded to a thread in Calculus & Beyond. Then I noticed a typo in the dummy variable so I clicked to edit my response. Got an "invalid thread" message and upon returning noticed the thread was gone. What gives?

It looks like it was being deleted by a Math Mentor because no effort was shown in the post. That's against the PF rules. When you see such a post, please Report it rather than respond. Thanks.

Ahahahaha, so now I'm behind everything that happens.

Evo said:
Ahahahaha, so now I'm behind everything that happens.

Now? It is this way for as long as I can remember.

Borek said:
Now? It is this way for as long as I can remember.
:devil: :biggrin:

Related to Disappearing Threads in Calculus & Beyond: What Causes Them?

What is "Another disappearing thread"?

"Another disappearing thread" refers to a phenomenon where a thread of comments or discussion on a platform such as a forum or social media suddenly disappears without explanation.

Why do threads disappear?

Threads can disappear for various reasons, such as a technical glitch, violation of platform rules or policies, or deletion by the thread initiator.

Can threads reappear after disappearing?

In some cases, threads can reappear if the issue causing the disappearance is resolved. However, if the thread was intentionally deleted, it is unlikely to reappear.

How can I prevent my thread from disappearing?

To prevent your thread from disappearing, make sure to follow the platform's rules and policies, avoid controversial or offensive content, and report any technical issues to the platform's support team.

Is "Another disappearing thread" a common occurrence?

While it is not a regular occurrence, "Another disappearing thread" can happen on various platforms, especially in online communities where moderation is not actively enforced.