Derive relationship between deltaH and T1 and T2

HT2 = delta HT1 + delta Cp delta T is used to calculate the heat of reaction at two different temperatures. It is derived from Hess' Law and represents the change in enthalpy at different time points. The specific heat of the substance is represented by C and H represents enthalpy.
ybhathena

Homework Statement

Hi I need to know the derivation of the equation HT2 = delta HT1 + delta Cp delta T and I'm really unsure of where to find this. Does anyone know the derivation of this relationship?

C represents the the specific heat of the substance in question.

H represents enthalpy, so HT1 represents at enthalpy at the first time point measured of only one material being measured.

The equations I have learned so far are deltaG = -RTlnK and deltaG = deltaH - TdeltaS
[/B]

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I think that this applies to the heat of reaction at two different temperatures.

[tex]\Delta H(T_2)=\Delta H(T_1)+\Delta C_p(T_2-T_1)[/tex]

where ΔH(Tj) is the heat of reaction at temperature Tj and ΔCp is symbolic of the heat capacities of the products minus the heat capacities of the reactants. The derivation of this equation is based on Hess' Law.

Chet

Related to Derive relationship between deltaH and T1 and T2

1) How do I calculate the relationship between deltaH and T1 and T2?

The relationship between deltaH and T1 and T2 can be calculated using the formula: deltaH = C(T2 - T1), where C is the specific heat capacity of the substance.

2) What does deltaH represent in this relationship?

DeltaH, also known as enthalpy, represents the change in energy of a system during a process at constant pressure.

3) How do T1 and T2 affect the value of deltaH?

The values of T1 and T2 affect the value of deltaH as they are the initial and final temperatures of the system, respectively. The larger the difference between T1 and T2, the greater the change in energy (deltaH) of the system.

4) Can this relationship be applied to all substances?

This relationship can be applied to substances that have a constant specific heat capacity. However, for substances that undergo phase changes, such as melting or boiling, a different formula must be used to calculate deltaH.

5) How is this relationship used in practical applications?

The relationship between deltaH and T1 and T2 is used in many practical applications, such as in thermodynamics, chemistry, and engineering. It helps us understand the energy changes that occur during different processes and allows us to make predictions and calculations for various systems and reactions.