Density Relationships - Cant find any good sources.

In summary, the conversation revolves around the conclusion for a lab report on density and its relationships with other concepts. The person is seeking advice on how to correctly write the conclusion for a chemistry class and is also looking for credible sources on the internet. Some suggested relationships to explore include molecular bonding, physical properties, state of matter, electron structure, atomic theory, and atomic structure. Another suggestion is to consider the effects of molecular size and shape on density, particularly in mixtures of compounds. The person is still looking for more help and has found some additional relationships through research.
Ihatechem10
Im working on the conclusion for my lab report, and rather than plagiarize the work like most I know, I am trying to write it myself. I've spent probably between 30-40 hours on it so far, so don't think I am trying to cheat or get ahead here. But I need to describe relationships of density to other concepts in my conclusion. Id also enjoy some advice on how to correctly write the conclusion to a formal lab report in a chemistry class.

Now according to me teacher, some things to look into were density compared to:

molecular bonding
physical properties
state or matter
electron structure
atomic theory
atomic structure

are there any other relationships between density and other concepts?

Also, if someone could point me to some good, credible sources on the internet, I would greatly appreciate it. It seems everything I've found over the past two hours is either not enough in depth, or is so particular it has nothing to do with density.

Im gona keep looking for good sources, but if someone can help me out, I will really appreciate your help!

Thanks,
-Ryan

Physics news on Phys.org
Here is another suggestion: molecular size and shape might be important. Some molecules may fit in the spaces between other molecules, allowing closer packed use of space and by this causing increased density of a mixture of certain compounds. This might be in effect for mixing water and ethanol. The volumes of the separate compounds do not simply add directly but instead the result volume is less.

...Of course, my suggestion may be wrong, and the lower volume of the mixture might be due to attraction between the two compounds. I do not know which idea is more correct.

Thanks, Ill look into it! :) three page of my goal of ten done. hoping to finish this up and turn in early friday ;) Anymore help would be aprreciated!

bump still need help :)

;( but i found some more relations, thanks to bing! lol.

Related to Density Relationships - Cant find any good sources.

1. What is density?

Density is a measure of how much mass is contained in a given volume of a substance. It is calculated by dividing the mass of an object by its volume.

2. How is density related to matter?

Density is a physical property of matter that is determined by its composition and arrangement of particles. Different substances have different densities, which can help identify and classify them.

3. What factors affect density?

The density of a substance is affected by its temperature, pressure, and state (solid, liquid, or gas). The arrangement of particles and the number of particles per unit volume also play a role in determining density.

4. How is density measured?

Density is typically measured in grams per cubic centimeter (g/cm3) or kilograms per cubic meter (kg/m3). It can be measured using laboratory equipment such as a balance and graduated cylinder, or calculated using the mass and volume of an object.

5. What are some real-life applications of density?

Density is used in many industries, such as aviation, construction, and agriculture. It is also important in everyday life, for example in determining the buoyancy of objects in water, the concentration of solutions, and the efficiency of heating and cooling systems.