Delete nodes with a specific property

In summary, we discussed the problem of deleting a rightmost leaf in a binary tree and provided an algorithm that traverses the entire tree and deletes any rightmost leaf it encounters. The algorithm checks each node for a rightmost leaf and deletes it if found.
evinda
Gold Member
MHB
Hi! (Mmm)

I want to write a function that takes as argument a pointer [m]A[/m] to the root of a binary tree that simulates a (not necessarily binary) ordered tree.
We consider that each node of the tree saves apart from the necessary pointers [m]LC[/m] and [m]RS[/m], an integer [m]number[/m].
The function should traverse all the nodes of the ordered tree and for each node $u$ it should do the following:

If the rightmost child of $u$ in the ordered tree is a leaf, this child should be deleted.

That's what I have tried:
Code:
    Algorithm(node *A){
      node *p=A,*q=NULL;
      if (p==NULL) return;
      if (p->LC!=NULL){
          q=p->LC;
          if (q->RS!=NULL and q->RS->RS==NULL and q->RS->LC==NULL){
              q->RC=NULL;
          }
          if (q->LC!=NULL) Algorithm(q);
       }
       Algorirthm(q->RC);
    }

Could you tell me if it is right? :confused:

Technology news on Phys.org
No, your algorithm is not correct. The problem with your algorithm is that it only checks the rightmost child of the root node, but it does not check any of the other nodes in the tree. To solve this problem, you need to traverse the entire tree and check each node for a rightmost leaf. Here is a better solution: void deleteRightmostLeaf(node *A){ if (A==NULL) return; //Check if current node has a rightmost leaf if (A->RS != NULL && A->RS->LC == NULL && A->RS->RC == NULL) A->RS = NULL; //Traverse through left and right subtrees deleteRightmostLeaf(A->LC); deleteRightmostLeaf(A->RC); }

Related to Delete nodes with a specific property

1. How do I delete nodes with a specific property in my data set?

To delete nodes with a specific property, you will first need to identify the property that you want to target. Then, you can use a query language such as Cypher to search for and delete nodes that have that specific property.

2. Can I delete multiple nodes with a specific property at once?

Yes, you can use a query language like Cypher to identify and delete multiple nodes with a specific property in one command. This can be useful for efficiently cleaning up large data sets.

3. Will deleting nodes with a specific property affect the rest of my data set?

Yes, deleting nodes with a specific property will affect your data set. Any relationships or connections to those nodes will also be deleted. It is important to carefully consider the impact of deleting nodes and to have a backup of your data before making any changes.

4. Is there a way to delete nodes with a specific property while keeping their relationships?

Yes, you can use the DETACH DELETE command in Cypher to delete nodes with a specific property while preserving their relationships. This can be useful if you want to remove specific data without losing the connections between other nodes.

5. How can I ensure that I am only deleting nodes with a specific property and not other important data?

To ensure that you are only deleting nodes with a specific property, you can use a WHERE clause in your query to specify the property you want to target. This will ensure that only nodes with that property are affected by the deletion.