De Broglie wavelenght of Earth and Moon

In summary, the de Broglie wavelength of the Earth at perihelion is approximately 3E-54 meters, corresponding to a frequency of 1E56 Hz. The de Broglie wavelength of the Moon is not mentioned, but it can be scaled down to fit within the audio range for use in a musical composition. The Earth and Moon both have multiple wavelengths relative to the Earth and the Sun, but for the purpose of the track, a ratio of three values - either of earth-moon-sun or earth-moon(Earth)-moon(Sun) - will be used.
olovomax
Hi,

Could someone please crunch for me the de Broglie wavelenght ([tex]\lambda[/tex]), frequency (f) and energy (E) of Earth at perihelion (30300m/s) and at aphelion (29300m/s) and mean (29800m/s)

Here are the numbers and formulas:

[tex]\lambda[/tex]=h/p , f=E/h , p=m*v (momentum=mass*velocity)

h - Planck's constant = 6.62606896×10-34
p -
m - 5.9742×1024kg
v1 - 30300m/s
v2 - 29300m/s

And also for the Moon:

m - 7.347×1022kg
v - 1022 m/s (mean v around the Earth)
v - 29783 m/s (mean v around the Sun)

What would be the wavelength/velocity of an object going around two centers? Thanks,

Last edited:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
http://www.google.com

Plug in your values for the equation there, with the proper units and get the answer yourself :)

come on people I need those numbers...

olovomax said:
come on people I need those numbers...

I don't understand what you mean, you already have the numbers and you just need to plug them in the given equations.I hope you're not asking people here to do the calculations for you,some may be willing to check your work but you must show your own efforts first.If you have difficulty in understanding the question and what to do then come back.

dadface,
Yes, I need someone to do the calculations for me. This is not a homework or some exercise. I'm a musician and I'm working on a track that uses frequencies derived or modulated from the physical properties of Earth and Moon but my math skills drop dead beyond addition and subtraction.
So, yea this is probably the first time in the history of physics where wavelength of Earth and Moon is really really really needed :)
It might seem easy to you but I've never done this sort of math before so I thought I should look for help from people involved with physics and math. I guess this is not the right place.

Can you direct me to a place where I can get help with this?

Thanks,

Well, the de Broglie wavelength of the Earth (relative the Sun's frame of reference) is about 3E-54 meters, which, if it were turned to sound, would be a frequency of about 1E56 Hz.

About a hundred-septillion-septillion megahertz.

Personally I can't hear that well above 18 kHz.

olovomax said:
dadface,
Yes, I need someone to do the calculations for me. This is not a homework or some exercise. I'm a musician and I'm working on a track that uses frequencies derived or modulated from the physical properties of Earth and Moon but my math skills drop dead beyond addition and subtraction.
So, yea this is probably the first time in the history of physics where wavelength of Earth and Moon is really really really needed :)
It might seem easy to you but I've never done this sort of math before so I thought I should look for help from people involved with physics and math. I guess this is not the right place.

Can you direct me to a place where I can get help with this?

Thanks,

This sounds like an interesting project olovomax.Perhaps you could scale the frequencies down so they come within the audio range.Good luck with it.

alxm said:
Well, the de Broglie wavelength of the Earth (relative the Sun's frame of reference) is about 3E-54 meters, which, if it were turned to sound, would be a frequency of about 1E56 Hz.

You must be a young person.I'm an old geezer and I'm guessing that about 12kHz is my upper range.:biggrin:

alxm said:

Sweet!

So the Earth is buzzing at 10e55 Hz. Is that correct?
What about the moon, alxm? Can the moon have two wavelengths as relative to the Earth and the sun or it's a mean value? I think I can set the frame of the track on the ratio of three values - either of earth-moon-sun or earth-moon(Earth)-moon(Sun)

I need only 3 values to lay the grid for this track.

Dadface said:
This sounds like an interesting project olovomax.Perhaps you could scale the frequencies down so they come within the audio range.Good luck with it.

thanks i'll let you hear it when I'm done with it

Dadface said:
You must be a young person.I'm an old geezer and I'm guessing that about 12kHz is my upper range.:biggrin:

if your upper limit was at 12kh you would be half deaf :D

the 10-16kh range is reserved mainly for predation - therefore if you lived as a hunter-gatherer in you would probably starve to death too :)

Related to De Broglie wavelenght of Earth and Moon

1. What is the De Broglie wavelength of Earth and Moon?

The De Broglie wavelength of Earth and Moon is a concept in quantum mechanics that describes the wavelength associated with the motion of these celestial bodies. It is defined by the formula λ = h/mv, where h is Planck's constant, m is the mass of the object, and v is its velocity.

2. How is the De Broglie wavelength of Earth and Moon calculated?

The De Broglie wavelength is calculated by using the formula λ = h/mv, where h is Planck's constant (6.626 x 10^-34 m^2 kg/s), m is the mass of the object (in kg), and v is the velocity of the object (in m/s). For Earth, the mass is approximately 5.972 x 10^24 kg and the velocity is around 29.78 km/s. For the Moon, the mass is approximately 7.347 x 10^22 kg and the velocity is around 1.022 km/s.

3. Why is the De Broglie wavelength of Earth and Moon important?

The De Broglie wavelength of Earth and Moon is important because it helps us understand the wave-particle duality of matter. This concept suggests that all particles, including large objects like planets, have both wave-like and particle-like properties. The De Broglie wavelength is a manifestation of this duality and helps us understand the behavior of matter at a quantum level.

4. How does the De Broglie wavelength of Earth and Moon compare to other objects?

The De Broglie wavelength of Earth and Moon is significantly smaller than that of smaller particles, such as electrons. This is due to their large mass and relatively slow velocities. For example, an electron with a mass of 9.1 x 10^-31 kg and a velocity of 2.2 x 10^6 m/s would have a De Broglie wavelength of around 1 nanometer, while Earth and Moon have De Broglie wavelengths of around 10^-35 and 10^-37 meters, respectively.

5. Can the De Broglie wavelength of Earth and Moon be observed?

No, the De Broglie wavelength of Earth and Moon cannot be observed directly. It is a theoretical concept that describes the behavior of matter at a quantum level. However, its effects can be observed in experiments, such as the double-slit experiment, which demonstrate the wave-like behavior of particles. In this experiment, even large objects like buckyballs (soccer ball-shaped molecules) have been shown to exhibit interference patterns, indicating their wave-like nature.