Dc to ac inverter circuit debug please

In summary: If not, then you might have a problem with the transformer itself. Have you tried changing the coil type or winding?
tomos976
Hello I am a EE student and was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on how to fix my inverter it's for a capstone project we are using a twelve volt battery and trying to get 120vac 60Hzs we can get 59Hzs from the curcuit intill it goes into the transformer then it changes to 177Hzs and ideas. and yes i am well aware of the dangers we need just enough amps and watts to run a light bulb. thank you

Engineering news on Phys.org
tomos976 said:
Hello I am a EE student and was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on how to fix my inverter it's for a capstone project we are using a twelve volt battery and trying to get 120vac 60Hzs we can get 59Hzs from the curcuit intill it goes into the transformer then it changes to 177Hzs and ideas. and yes i am well aware of the dangers we need just enough amps and watts to run a light bulb. thank you

Welcome to the PF.

Well, the power to run a 120Vrms lightbulb can be plenty dangerous. Do you have a faculty advisor who is overseeing this project?

Can you post a schematic of your circuit and system? We will probably need to see that to be of any help.

dc to ac inverter debug

I'm building a 12v inverter. I can get 60Hzs on the circuit in-till it goes through the transformer it changes to 177Hzs does anybody have any ideas here is the circuit I'm using

C1, C2 2 68 uf, 25 V Tantalum Capacitor
R1, R2 2 10 Ohm, 5 Watt Resistor
R3, R4 2 180 Ohm, 1 Watt Resistor
D1, D2 2 HEP 154 Silicon Diode
Q1, Q2 2 2N3055 NPN Transistor (see "Notes")
T1 1 24V, Center Tapped Transformer

Attachments

• pf inverter.gif
    pf inverter.gif
    2.5 KB · Views: 615

tomos976 said:
I'm building a 12v inverter. I can get 60Hzs on the circuit in-till it goes through the transformer it changes to 177Hzs does anybody have any ideas here is the circuit I'm using

How are you measuring the waveforms on primary and secondary? Can you post screenshots of the waveforms?

tomos976 said:

There's a lot of third harmonic in a square wave. It sounds like you're getting a peaky 3rd harmonic response out of that transformer. If you're testing it open circuit then try adding some resistive load (like your light bulb) and see if that dampens it.

Related to Dc to ac inverter circuit debug please

1. What is a DC to AC inverter circuit?

A DC to AC inverter circuit is an electronic device that converts direct current (DC) power into alternating current (AC) power. This allows devices that require AC power, such as household appliances, to be powered by a DC power source, such as a battery.

2. How does a DC to AC inverter circuit work?

A DC to AC inverter circuit uses electronic components, such as transistors and diodes, to convert the DC power into AC power. The circuit typically involves switching the DC power on and off at a high frequency to create an AC output that closely resembles a sine wave.

3. What are some common issues when debugging a DC to AC inverter circuit?

Some common issues when debugging a DC to AC inverter circuit include incorrect wiring or connections, faulty components, and insufficient power supply. It is important to carefully check all connections and components, and ensure that the power supply can provide enough power for the circuit to operate properly.

4. How can I test if my DC to AC inverter circuit is functioning correctly?

To test if a DC to AC inverter circuit is functioning correctly, you can use a multimeter to measure the output voltage and frequency. The output voltage should be within the expected range and the frequency should be close to the desired AC frequency. You can also connect a load, such as a light bulb, to the output to see if it is powered properly.

5. What are some tips for troubleshooting a DC to AC inverter circuit?

Some tips for troubleshooting a DC to AC inverter circuit include checking the power supply, testing individual components, and double-checking all connections and wiring. It can also be helpful to consult the circuit's schematic and do some research on common issues and solutions related to the specific circuit design.