Dawn Wells dies of Covid-19 at 82

• Thread starter BillTre
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Covid-19
In summary, Dawn Wells (Mary Ann on Gulligan's Island) dies of Covind-19 at 82. She was a fan favorite and is remembered for her kind nature, great legs, and her role on the show as the island's bus driver.
BillTre
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Dawn Wells (Mary Ann on Gulligan's Island) dies of Covind-19 at 82!

Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 12.08.38 PM.png

Last edited:
  • Sad
Likes hmmm27, Choppy, Astronuc and 3 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Sigh. Goodbye, Mary Ann.

Interestingly, the news piece that I read about her today said that Gilligan's Island ran for only 3 seasons. I would have guessed more like 10-15!

Likes davenn, Klystron and BillTre
Lots of reruns, just like Star Trek.

Much energy was expended among "Gilligan Island" watchers over who was hotter: cheerful Mary Ann or slinky seductive Ginger (Tina Louise). I definitely fell in the Mary Ann camp due to her kind nature, winsome smile and great legs. Always envied Gilligan's and the Professor's proximity to Mary Ann.

While old enough to appreciate Dawn, I was too young to understand the implied "Skipper / 'Little Buddy'" potential relationship.

• Haha
Likes Astronuc, DaveC426913, BillTre and 1 other person
Klystron said:
Much energy was expended among "Gilligan Island" watchers over who was hotter: cheerful Mary Ann or slinky seductive Ginger

There is only one answer to that.
And Bailey Quarters is hotter than Jennifer Marlowe.

Likes George Jones, Astronuc, jtbell and 2 others
Well, definitely Mary Ann over Ginger but frankly, Jennifer over Bailey (by a hair).

Vanadium 50 said:
There is only one answer to that.
And Bailey Quarters is hotter than Jennifer Marlowe.
I am a huge fan of both WKRP and Gilligan's Island.

Averagesupernova said:
I am a huge fan of both WKRP and Gilligan's Island.
Ditto!

I'm more of Mary Ann and Bailey Quarters camper.

Likes hmmm27 and Averagesupernova
Noooooh. :confused: It's sad when a loved one dies, and 82 may be considered to be a ripe old age ##-## maybe all that was left ahead for her was not much to which to look foward, but oh heck we will remember her from the '60's, and what a beautiful nice sweetheart gal she was.

1609379303152.png

Likes Klystron and BillTre
DaveC426913 said:
Jennifer over Bailey

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion. No matter how wrong. :smile:

Likes Averagesupernova
Vanadium 50 said:
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion. No matter how wrong. :smile:
But when both are right?

Gilligan's Island had all the jokes that were missed as a kid but are funny as an adult. I also never thought it was odd that Gilligan had no interest in getting busy with either Mary Ann or Ginger. But today all I can think of is: JUST HOW SLOW ARE YOU GILLIGAN? MAKE A MOVE ON ONE OF THE GIRLS!

Likes BillTre
Averagesupernova said:
Gilligan's Island had all the jokes that were missed as a kid but are funny as an adult. I also never thought it was odd that Gilligan had no interest in getting busy with either Mary Ann or Ginger. But today all I can think of is: JUST HOW SLOW ARE YOU GILLIGAN? MAKE A MOVE ON ONE OF THE GIRLS!
Don't you remember that each time that Ginger would try to kiss Gilligan, he would sharply shy away and hit his head on something, and thereby get knocked out?

• Haha
Likes Astronuc
sysprog said:
Don't you remember that each time that Ginger would try to kiss Gilligan, he would sharply shy away and hit his head on something, and thereby get knocked out?
I do. He was still afraid of girls I guess. Just like most young grade school boys who watched it.

Likes sysprog
Averagesupernova said:
I do. He was still afraid of girls I guess. Just like most young grade school boys who watched it.
We had our choice to admire besides Marie Ann.
Barbara Feldon( Get Smart-Agent 99 ), Susan Dey(Partridge Family-Laurie), Barbara Eden(I Dream of Jennie-Jennie), and Batman. Batman was the only one with lunchboxes.

Likes Astronuc and sysprog
Averagesupernova said:
JUST HOW SLOW ARE YOU GILLIGAN? MAKE A MOVE ON ONE OF THE GIRLS!
He couldn't. The alpha males were in the same paddock as the females, and made direct eye contact with Gilligan to assert dominance.

Skipper claimed Ginger, The Professor claimed Mary Ann and Mister Howell: Lovey. (remember the beauty contest?)

DaveC426913 said:
He couldn't. The alpha males were in the same paddock as the females, and made direct eye contact with Gilligan to assert dominance.

Skipper claimed Ginger, The Professor claimed Mary Ann and Mister Howell: Lovey. (remember the beauty contest?)
Trust me, there's very little you can tell me about Gilligan's Island that I don't know. Maybe it was poor writing, I don't know. But Gilligan had many many opportunities to make a move. Do you remember the episode where the Howells tried to get Mary Ann and Gilligan hitched? Ginger was always trying to get cozy with Gilligan. Usually an ulterior motive involved but he still had a chance at something besides pulling away and knocking himself unconscious. Gilligan had a shot, he just never took it.

Likes DaveC426913
Averagesupernova said:
Gilligan had a shot, he just never took it.
1609437364087.png

Likes Averagesupernova
256bits said:
Batman was the only one with lunchboxes.

Batman was also the only one with Julie Newmar.

• Haha
  • Love
Likes 256bits, Astronuc and DaveC426913

Related to Dawn Wells dies of Covid-19 at 82

1. How did Dawn Wells die?

Dawn Wells passed away due to complications from Covid-19 at the age of 82.

2. Was she vaccinated against Covid-19?

It is not clear if Dawn Wells was vaccinated against Covid-19. However, even vaccinated individuals can still contract the virus and experience severe symptoms.

3. How long did Dawn Wells have Covid-19 before passing away?

The exact duration of her illness is not known. However, the average length of hospitalization for severe Covid-19 cases is around 10-13 days.

4. Did Dawn Wells have any underlying health conditions?

It has not been disclosed if Dawn Wells had any underlying health conditions that may have contributed to her passing. However, individuals with pre-existing conditions are at a higher risk of developing severe symptoms from Covid-19.

5. How can people protect themselves from Covid-19?

The best way to protect yourself from Covid-19 is by getting vaccinated, wearing a mask in public settings, practicing social distancing, and washing your hands regularly. It is also important to stay informed about the spread of the virus and follow guidelines from health officials.