Dark Matter Motor: Get Professional Impressions Here

In summary, The conversation revolves around the topic of a perpetual motion machine and a link to a website discussing the concept. The person asking for a review is informed that the machine is just one of many failed attempts throughout history and that it is a common design. The field produced by a circular ring of magnet poles is also discussed, with the surprising result that the combined field is nearly zero within the circle. The conversation also briefly touches on the misconception of motors being two dimensional devices.
dkestner
Hi, I have an issue that I can not answer as I do not understand the subject matter. Would you be so kind and review [crackpot link deleted] and provide me your impressions.

Physics news on Phys.org
dkestner said:
Hi, I have an issue that I can not answer as I do not understand the subject matter. Would you be so kind and review [crackpot link deleted] and provide me your impressions.
It is just another one of the thousands of crackpot perpetual motion machines designed and failed throughout history. This particular one is a very common design. Rest assured, there is nothing to it.

You can read more about it here: http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/museum/unwork.htm#cheng

First, let's look at the field produced by a circular ring of magnet poles of the same polarity lying in a plane. Due to symmetry and the vector nature of force, their combined field at the center of the circle is zero. But what of their combined field elsewhere in the plane? The surprising result is that the combined field is very nearly zero anywhere in the plane, within the circle. [1] In fact, if the ring were a continuous distribution of poles, the field would be exactly zero anywhere within the circle and in the plane of the circle. That continuous distribution is a useful model for further analysis.

Wrong answer from lhup.edu. We live in a three dimensional space, not two.

Not sure what you mean or where they suggested that. But motors are two dimensional devices.

Thank you all for your review. You have made me a better person.

Last edited:
russ_watters said:
...But motors are two dimensional devices.

Interesting. I must admit that I was not aware of that.
Could you give a reference?

russ_watters said:
But motors are two dimensional devices.

Only when you draw them

Related to Dark Matter Motor: Get Professional Impressions Here

1. What is the "Dark Matter Motor" and how does it work?

The "Dark Matter Motor" is a theoretical concept that suggests using dark matter, a type of matter that does not interact with light and is therefore invisible, as a source of energy. It is believed that dark matter particles could be harnessed by using advanced technology and converted into usable energy.

2. Is the "Dark Matter Motor" a proven technology?

No, the "Dark Matter Motor" is currently a theoretical concept and has not been proven to work. It is still being researched and studied by scientists to determine its feasibility and potential applications.

3. What are the potential benefits of using the "Dark Matter Motor"?

If the "Dark Matter Motor" were to be successfully developed and implemented, it could potentially provide a nearly limitless source of energy. This could greatly benefit industries and reduce dependence on fossil fuels, which have negative impacts on the environment.

4. Are there any risks or drawbacks to using the "Dark Matter Motor"?

Since the "Dark Matter Motor" is still a theoretical concept, it is difficult to determine any potential risks or drawbacks. However, some scientists have raised concerns about the potential impact on the surrounding environment and the possibility of unintended consequences.

5. What is the current status of research on the "Dark Matter Motor"?

Research on the "Dark Matter Motor" is ongoing and is still in the early stages. Scientists are working to better understand the properties of dark matter and how it could potentially be harnessed for energy. It is a complex and challenging area of study, and it may be many years before any significant developments are made.