CST - Access CSTResultReader.dll from EXCEL VBA

• Thread starter katto01
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Excel
In summary: This may be a simpler option for those who are not professional programmers. In summary, if you want to control CST from Excel VBA, you will need to use the CSTResultReader.dll and either create your own routine using examples from other programming languages, or save your results as an ASCII file and import them into Excel.
katto01
Hello,

I am trying to control CST from Excel VBA. For instance, I would like to create a routine in Excel VBA similar to the postprocessing template “Evaluate Field in arbitrary coordinates” into Excel VBA, i.e. get the e-field values into an array and insert them on an excel sheet.
I read the topic “CSTResultReader.dll” in the help but saw no example for Excel VBA. I am not a professional programmer, so I would need an example I could use to write my routine.
Please advise
Thank you

PS. Any suggestion on a different way that I could use to get the data from the CST project results into excel would be welcome.

Physics news on Phys.org
</code>Unfortunately, CST does not currently provide an example of using the CSTResultReader.dll in Excel VBA. However, you can find some examples of how to use the dll in other programming languages, such as C# and Visual Basic .NET, on our website: https://www.cst.com/content/cst/en/support/solutions/tutorials/fieldresultsreader.html. You may be able to use the examples provided to create your own routine in Excel VBA. Alternatively, you can save your results as an ASCII file and then read the data into Excel from there.

Related to CST - Access CSTResultReader.dll from EXCEL VBA

1. What is CSTResultReader.dll and how is it used?

CSTResultReader.dll is a software library that allows for the reading and interpretation of results from CST simulation software. It is typically used in combination with Microsoft Excel VBA to automate data analysis and visualization processes.

2. Can CSTResultReader.dll be accessed from Excel VBA?

Yes, CSTResultReader.dll can be accessed from Excel VBA by setting a reference to the library and using its functions and methods within VBA code.

3. How do I set a reference to CSTResultReader.dll in Excel VBA?

To set a reference to CSTResultReader.dll in Excel VBA, go to the VBA editor and click on "Tools" in the menu bar. Then, select "References" and check the box next to "CSTResultReader" in the list of available libraries.

4. What types of data can be retrieved using CSTResultReader.dll?

CSTResultReader.dll can retrieve a variety of data types, including scalar values, vectors, matrices, and tabular data. It can also extract information from different types of simulation results, such as time-domain, frequency-domain, and two-port data.

5. Is CSTResultReader.dll compatible with all versions of Excel?

CSTResultReader.dll is compatible with Excel versions 2007 and higher. It may also work with earlier versions, but this cannot be guaranteed.