Crystal oscillator and amplifier purchase

In summary: TL08x family chips are good options for oscillators, but an amplifier may be necessary to make them work.
TeeBeeBee
in my previous thread i was trying to build a sine oscillator and an amplifier. decided to give up on the idea and purchase. any chips out there that can give me 30-40volts peak to peak. the frequency is not an issue as long as it is above 1 MHz. i guess i can use any crystal oscillator as long as the amplifier can give me 30V. TL08 series seem like a good option.

Engineering news on Phys.org
What output impedance will your circuit be driving?
Will it drive 50 ohm coaxial cable or maybe 400 ohm parallel line?

im experimenting with wireless power transfer so the circuit will be connected to a transmitter coil. the impedance is not set yet. i will be experimenting, changing the transmitter and the receiver once i get the power supply. thank you

TeeBeeBee said:
im experimenting with wireless power transfer so the circuit will be connected to a transmitter coil.
Most experimentation is now done using numerical simulation. With the exception of ISM allocations, the RF spectrum is allocated to important services that must not be interrupted. Your frequency and power levels will be critical to the attention you will receive from the authorities.
Can you please give more details of your experiment. Over what range do you expect to transfer power?

Likes davenn and berkeman
i am starting with a small distance of 2 inches and hope to improve it with tests. Yes i will be careful with RF spectrum. Thanks

Hint,
To get power transferred, it can be electrostatic coupling, a traveling electro-magnetic wave, or magnetic coupling. An E-M wave needs to be focused which means extraordinarily huge antennas or extraordinarily high frequencies. Very bad and somewhat dangerous to fool with (i.e. making a microwave oven run with the door open dangerous).
Look at any Tesla coil demonstration and you can see the effects of high voltage coupling.
The method that works really good over short distances (and I think I posted a circuit on here) is to use a resonate Royer converter to excite an LC tank up to high currents. You need considerable currents in the inductor to get any significant power transfer. i.e. amp per 20-50 mw at 1 inch.
The current "revolution" in power transfer uses flat transformer halves coupling through a short distance. Again, one half has to maintain a fairly high
current in the primary to get anything useful from the secondary.
PS - any jelly-bean op amp, like a TL08x, will not have useful gain at 1MHz. There are plenty of oscillator circuits out there, but they require some skill with transistors or logic used in an analog fashion.

Likes davenn

Related to Crystal oscillator and amplifier purchase

1. What is a crystal oscillator and amplifier?

A crystal oscillator and amplifier is an electronic circuit that generates an electrical signal with a precise frequency using a quartz crystal. The amplifier is used to amplify the crystal's oscillation, making the signal stronger.

2. Why are crystal oscillators and amplifiers important in electronics?

Crystal oscillators and amplifiers are important because they provide a stable and accurate frequency reference for electronic devices. They are used in a wide range of applications, such as in clocks, radios, computers, and communication systems.

3. How do I choose the right crystal oscillator and amplifier for my project?

When choosing a crystal oscillator and amplifier, you need to consider the frequency range, frequency stability, power requirements, and size. It is important to select a device that meets the specific requirements of your project to ensure optimal performance.

4. What are the different types of crystal oscillators and amplifiers available?

There are various types of crystal oscillators and amplifiers, including Pierce, Colpitts, and Clapp oscillators. They also come in different package types, such as through-hole and surface mount, and can be either voltage-controlled or temperature-compensated.

5. How do I purchase a crystal oscillator and amplifier?

You can purchase a crystal oscillator and amplifier from electronic component suppliers or online retailers. It is important to do your research and compare prices and specifications to find the best option for your project. Some suppliers also offer customization options to meet your specific needs.