Create a DB15 Circuit Schematic | Schematic Generator

In summary, the user is looking for software to build a schematic for a custom circuit and save it as a PDF or other format. The conversation mentions the possibility of using Visio or one of the recommended programs, Eagle and KiCAD PCB, to plot the schematic and use a PDF printer like PDFCreator to save it. A thread on a forum and a more current thread discussing free or inexpensive schematic-capture programs are also mentioned as resources.
Zyzoggman
I have to make a terminal block from a DB15 connection. I'd like to have a neat looking schematic for it. I don't need to design a PCB, but just make a schematic for a custom circuit. Does anybody know of any software that you can build a schematic and then save it as a PDF or something?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Zyzoggman said:
I have to make a terminal block from a DB15 connection. I'd like to have a neat looking schematic for it. I don't need to design a PCB, but just make a schematic for a custom circuit. Does anybody know of any software that you can build a schematic and then save it as a PDF or something?

Welcome to the PF.

I did a quick search of the EE forum for threads with the word schematic in the title, and found this thread:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=56404

In addition, if you already have Visio, you can use that to do fairly simple schematic diagrams.

Thanks a lot. Guess I didn't realize where the search function was earlier. >.<

I don't mean to brow-beat, but there's an active thread (about 10 threads down at this particular moment) entitled "Does anyone know a program for creating schematics?" where you'll find a more current survey of free (or freeish) schematic-capture programs:
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=661488

Both of my recommendations, Eagle and KiCAD PCB allow you to "plot" the schematic diagram (to postscript or PDF, if I recall correctly). If not, I highly recommend PDFCreator to install as a PDF document printer (but use the plot option where available, rather than just printing the schematic page):
http://www.pdfforge.org/

I would recommend using a schematic generator software such as Eagle or KiCad to create a DB15 circuit schematic. These tools allow you to easily create and customize schematics for your custom circuit, and then export them as a PDF for a neat and organized layout. Additionally, you can also use a breadboard simulator software such as Tinkercad to test your circuit before implementing it. This will ensure that your schematic is accurate and functional before physically building it.

Related to Create a DB15 Circuit Schematic | Schematic Generator

1. What is a DB15 circuit schematic?

A DB15 circuit schematic is a visual representation of a circuit design using standardized symbols and lines to show the connections and components within the circuit. It is commonly used in electrical engineering and computer science to design and troubleshoot electronic systems.

2. How do I create a DB15 circuit schematic?

You can create a DB15 circuit schematic using a schematic generator, which is a software tool specifically designed for creating circuit diagrams. These tools allow you to drag and drop components and connect them with lines to easily design and modify your circuit.

3. What components are typically included in a DB15 circuit schematic?

A DB15 circuit schematic typically includes components such as resistors, capacitors, diodes, transistors, and integrated circuits. It also includes connectors, power supplies, and any other necessary components for the specific circuit design.

4. Can I customize my DB15 circuit schematic?

Yes, you can customize your DB15 circuit schematic by selecting different component symbols and adjusting their values and properties. You can also change the layout and appearance of the schematic to suit your needs.

5. Why is it important to use a DB15 circuit schematic?

A DB15 circuit schematic is important because it allows you to visualize and plan your circuit design before physically constructing it. It also helps with troubleshooting and identifying any potential issues in the circuit. Additionally, having a schematic can make it easier for others to understand and replicate your design.