Coverage of energy required for this Solar Panel Farm in Wales

In summary, the conversation is about designing a solar farm with 2844 panels in Wales to supply energy to a train station. The coverage of energy required is low based on the average sunshine hours per month and the calculation using simulation software. There is a question about whether to calculate the coverage based on the energy available from the arrays or from the simulation system. The issue of using the correct units is also mentioned.
t0mm02
Homework Statement
Coverage of energy required
Relevant Equations
coverage of energy required
Hello guys, I am designing a 1052 kwh solar farm with 2844 panels in Wales. These panels have to supply energy to a train station but I get minors coverage of the energy required if I do the following calculation which is based on the average sunshine of hours per month. What do you think about the coverage of energy required being so low?
sfaf.png

I also get this other table by using simulation software's
scsac.png

Shall I calculate the coverage of energy required with the amount of energy that is available from the arrays every month instead from the simulation system?

Attachments

• sfaf.png
    sfaf.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 105
Physics news on Phys.org
Are you sure about the required energy? Based on the other numbers I think you are saying your train station requires 16452586 kwh of electricity per day. Electricity costs about 13 cents per kwh in the us at least, which means if you're buying your electric you're using 2.1 million dollars a day in electricity.

Are you driving all the trains in the country off of this power?

t0mm02 said:
Homework Statement:: Coverage of energy required
Relevant Equations:: coverage of energy required

Hello guys, I am designing a 1052 kwh solar farm with 2844 panels in Wales.
You have to use the correct units. Always. Insist that others do so as well.
What is a "1052 kwh solar farm" ?
Your "Power required" is in Kwh so that doesn't make sense either. The number seems very high.

Related to Coverage of energy required for this Solar Panel Farm in Wales

1. How much energy can this solar panel farm generate in Wales?

The amount of energy generated by a solar panel farm in Wales depends on several factors such as the size of the farm, the efficiency of the panels, and the amount of sunlight in the area. However, on average, a solar panel farm in Wales can generate enough energy to power thousands of homes.

2. What is the coverage of energy required for this solar panel farm in Wales?

The coverage of energy required for a solar panel farm in Wales depends on the energy needs of the area it is serving. Typically, a solar panel farm can cover a large portion of the energy demand for a specific region or community, but it may not be able to meet the entire energy needs of a densely populated area.

3. How does the coverage of energy required for a solar panel farm in Wales compare to other renewable energy sources?

Solar energy is one of the most efficient and widely used renewable energy sources in Wales. It has a higher coverage of energy compared to other renewable sources such as wind or hydro power. This is because solar panels can be installed on rooftops and open fields, making it easier to generate energy in different locations.

4. What is the environmental impact of this solar panel farm in Wales?

Solar energy is considered to be one of the cleanest and most environmentally friendly sources of energy. The solar panel farm in Wales will have a minimal impact on the environment as it does not emit any greenhouse gases or pollutants. It also does not require any water for its operation, unlike other energy sources such as coal or nuclear power.

5. How long will it take for this solar panel farm in Wales to pay for itself?

The payback period for a solar panel farm in Wales depends on various factors such as the initial cost of installation, the efficiency of the panels, and the energy prices in the area. On average, a solar panel farm can pay for itself in 5-7 years, and after that, it can continue to generate free energy for many years to come.