Could someone please check my Simulink Diagram

In summary, the conversation discusses the task of drawing a Simulink Model for a car suspension system, with given values for mass, spring constant, and damping coefficient. The equations and inputs needed for the model are mentioned, and a suggestion is given for creating the impulse response. The differential equation used for the model is also mentioned. The conversation concludes with an expression of gratitude for the help provided.
AnkleBreaker

Homework Statement

question.png

I was asked to draw a Simulink Model for the above (car suspension) system.
m = 250kg
k, spring constant = 70000N/m
c, damping coefficient = 3000N/m/s

Homework Equations

If any equations are needed please let me know

The Attempt at a Solution

simulinkimpulse.jpg

The question says to draw 3 Simulink Models having separate types of input (step, ramp, impulse)
The diagram above shows the Simulink Model for the Impulse Input

It would be appreciated if someone could check my Model and tell me of any short comings. Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
a constant input of 1 is not an impulse. there is a step and ramp input you can use. To create the impulse response you need to get creative. As a hint, try using 2 step response blocks, and slightly delaying one of them

its been a while since I have worked with mechanical systems like that. on account of me being lazy, if you give me the equations, I can check your simulink diagram assuming the equations are correct.

donpacino said:
a constant input of 1 is not an impulse. there is a step and ramp input you can use. To create the impulse response you need to get creative. As a hint, try using 2 step response blocks, and slightly delaying one of them

its been a while since I have worked with mechanical systems like that. on account of me being lazy, if you give me the equations, I can check your simulink diagram assuming the equations are correct.
Many thanks for you reply.

Yeah I got the step and ramp, I was having a little bit of trouble with the impulse, but I will try to do what you told. Thanks for the hint.

The differential equation I got, and the simulink diagram was modeled according to:
y''(t) = (1/m)(x - ky - cy')
Capture1.jpg

The simulink model is exactly the same except ramp and step inputs instead of the constant input in the original post

Thank you very much for your help

Related to Could someone please check my Simulink Diagram

1. What is a Simulink Diagram?

A Simulink Diagram is a graphical representation of a dynamic system, using blocks and lines to show the flow of information and signals within the system. It is often used in engineering and scientific fields to model and simulate complex systems.

2. How do I create a Simulink Diagram?

To create a Simulink Diagram, you will need to have access to MATLAB and Simulink software. You can then use the Simulink library of blocks to build your diagram and connect them to simulate the behavior of your system. There are also many tutorials and resources available online to help you get started.

3. Why is it important to have someone check my Simulink Diagram?

Having someone check your Simulink Diagram is important because it can help identify any errors or potential issues with your model. It can also provide valuable feedback and suggestions for improving the accuracy and efficiency of your simulation.

4. Who should I ask to check my Simulink Diagram?

It is best to ask someone who has experience and knowledge in using Simulink and is familiar with your specific project or system. This could be a colleague, mentor, or a professional in the field.

5. How can I improve my Simulink Diagram?

There are several ways to improve your Simulink Diagram, such as using appropriate blocks, organizing the layout for better visualization, and testing different scenarios to validate your model. You can also seek feedback from others and continue to learn and explore new features and techniques in Simulink.