Connect the two amplifiers to give me 1100 watts

In summary, the person is asking if they can connect two amplifiers to one speaker. They have a Sony amplifier with 500 watts and a JBL amplifier with 600 watts, and two speakers with 800 watts. They want to combine the two amplifiers to get 1100 watts. The expert advises against this and suggests using a mixer instead. They also provide a link to additional information on the topic.
N0 Name
hi

can i connect two amplifires to one speaker.
i have sony amplifire 500 watts and JBL amplifire 600 watts.
and two speakers 800 watts.

Q
i want to connect the two amplifires to give me 1100 watts to look like one amplifire.

thanx

Engineering news on Phys.org
I know that when I accidentally fed both channels of a stereo into the same speaker, it blew one of the pre-amps... so I wouldn't try it with two amps. There might be some sort of mixer available, though.

My friend saw it on TV but he dosen't remember how did they connect it

will thanks for replay

Related to Connect the two amplifiers to give me 1100 watts

1. How do I connect two amplifiers to get 1100 watts?

The first step is to make sure that the amplifiers have a compatible impedance and power rating. Then, you will need to use an RCA cable to connect the outputs of one amplifier to the inputs of the other. Finally, you will need to use speaker wires to connect the speakers to the outputs of the second amplifier.

2. Can I connect amplifiers with different power ratings?

No, it is not recommended to connect amplifiers with different power ratings as it can cause damage to the amplifiers and speakers. It is important to match the power ratings to ensure proper functioning and prevent any potential damage.

3. What is the best way to connect the amplifiers?

The best way to connect the amplifiers is by using an RCA cable and speaker wires. This will ensure a stable and reliable connection between the amplifiers and speakers. It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for proper wiring and to avoid any potential damage.

4. How can I make sure that I am getting 1100 watts from the amplifiers?

To ensure that you are getting 1100 watts from the amplifiers, you will need to check the power ratings of each amplifier and add them together. It is important to note that the actual wattage may vary depending on the quality of the amplifiers and speakers.

5. Is it safe to connect two amplifiers to get 1100 watts?

As long as the amplifiers and speakers are matched in terms of impedance and power ratings, it is safe to connect them to get 1100 watts. It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions and avoid overloading the amplifiers to prevent any potential damage.