Compressor with a displacement of 10 meter cube hour

In summary, the displacement of the compressor is the flow rate of 10 cubic meters per hour at a pressure of 10 bar. After one hour, if the collected gas is expanded and cooled to STP, the volume will still be 10 cubic meters, not 100.
maltamarco
]Hi Guys

Can you help me with this :

If a compressor with a displacement of 10 meter cube hour is displacing gas with a pressure of 10 bar, it is displacing 100 meter cube hour ??
(10 meter cube x 10 bar)

rgds
Marco

Engineering news on Phys.org

No, the displacement of the compressor is the flow rate.

This compressor pumps 10 cubic metres of air per hour at 10 bar pressure.

It displaces 10m3/h of air.

But if after 1 hour I collect and expand and cool the gas to the STP value (1 atm 0 deg c) the volume will be 100 meter cube ??

Marco

No, it will be 10m3.

If it only takes 10m3 in over an hour, it can only put that amount out.

Hello Marco,

I can confirm that your calculation is correct. The displacement of a compressor is directly proportional to the pressure of the gas it is displacing. In this case, a compressor with a displacement of 10 meter cube hour at 10 bar pressure would displace 100 meter cube hour of gas. This relationship can be expressed as P1V1 = P2V2, where P is pressure and V is volume. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best,

Related to Compressor with a displacement of 10 meter cube hour

1. What is the displacement of a compressor with a capacity of 10 meter cube per hour?

The displacement of a compressor with a capacity of 10 meter cube per hour refers to the volume of air that the compressor can move in one hour. In this case, it is 10 meter cube per hour.

2. How does the displacement of a compressor affect its performance?

The displacement of a compressor is directly related to its performance. A higher displacement means that the compressor can move more air, resulting in higher pressure and flow rates. This translates to more efficient and powerful performance.

3. Is a displacement of 10 meter cube per hour considered high or low for a compressor?

A displacement of 10 meter cube per hour can be considered average or medium for a compressor. It is important to consider other factors such as the type of compressor and its intended use in determining whether 10 meter cube per hour is high or low.

4. How is the displacement of a compressor measured?

The displacement of a compressor is typically measured in cubic feet per minute (CFM) or cubic meters per hour (m3/hr). This measurement is calculated by multiplying the compressor's piston displacement by its rpm (revolutions per minute).

5. Can the displacement of a compressor be adjusted?

Yes, the displacement of a compressor can be adjusted by changing the size and stroke of its pistons. This will affect the volume of air that the compressor can move, and consequently, its performance. However, it is important to consult a professional before making any adjustments to ensure safe and proper operation of the compressor.