Commenting on Insights articles

• Thread starter Frabjous
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is discussing whether or not one is allowed to comment on an insight article and if there should be a link on the article for posting comments. The conclusion is that the comments go on the thread announcing the article and it would be possible to add a link to the comments post on the insights article.
Frabjous
Gold Member
Is one allowed to comment on an insight article? It says that one needs to be logged in. When I click on it, it says I am already logged in.

Should one be posting comments on the thread announcing the article? If so, shouldn’t there be a link on the insights article?

Physics news on Phys.org
Frabjous said:
Should one be posting comments on the thread announcing the article?
That's where the comments go.
Frabjous said:
If so, shouldn’t there be a link on the insights article?
I guess the assumption is that you found the article via the announcement post. The way things usually work is that the Insights article is posted before the announcement post. It would be possible, though, to edit the Insights article to include a link to the comments post.

1. What is the purpose of commenting on Insights articles?

Commenting on Insights articles allows readers to engage in a discussion with the author and other readers about the content of the article. It also provides an opportunity for readers to share their own insights and perspectives on the topic.

2. How do I comment on an Insights article?

To comment on an Insights article, scroll to the bottom of the article and click on the "Comment" button. This will open a comment box where you can type in your comment and submit it. You may need to sign in or create an account to comment.

3. Can I edit or delete my comments?

Yes, you can edit or delete your comments by clicking on the three dots next to your comment and selecting the desired option. However, please note that once a comment has been deleted, it cannot be recovered.

4. Are there any guidelines for commenting on Insights articles?

Yes, we ask that all comments are respectful and relevant to the article. Personal attacks, offensive language, and spam will not be tolerated. Please also avoid sharing personal information in your comments.

5. Can I reply to other comments?

Yes, you can reply to other comments by clicking on the "Reply" button under the comment you wish to respond to. This allows for a more organized and engaging discussion within the comments section.