College Reg: Surprising Costs for High School Students

In summary, the person's brother was quoted £15,000 per year to complete a veterinary degree and it doesn't include texts or accommodation.
PrudensOptimus
College Reg!

Hi,

recently I enrolled in 3 college courses. Night time.

... I registered. and now I just found out the tuition is $600... not including texts...

They never mentioned anything about money when registering me... I told them I am a high school student... what do I do lol, my mom's going to be shocked if she see a letter urging $600.

Physics news on Phys.org
$600 is a value

I've registered 3 classes and It's $5,000 each not including books.

As long as you study hard and get good grades, and not worry too much about girls, you should be just fine.

5k each? WOW! I hope that was for your PHD

They never mentioned anything about money when registering me

You didn't think of asking? @_@

Be sure you un-register in time! My roommate had lots of problems unregistering and had to pay the class without having attended a single lecture..

Prudens, dear, you need to TALK to your mom NOW! Don't wait until she gets a letter. First, choose the one class out of the three that you want to take the most. My guess is that she may not mind paying for one of those classes - but three would be a bit much. That way, when she hits the roof when you tell her about the $600, you can soften the blow by offering to withdraw from two of them. :wink:

Originally posted by Tsunami
Prudens, dear, you need to TALK to your mom NOW! Don't wait until she gets a letter. First, choose the one class out of the three that you want to take the most. My guess is that she may not mind paying for one of those classes - but three would be a bit much. That way, when she hits the roof when you tell her about the $600, you can soften the blow by offering to withdraw from two of them. :wink:

what happens if I don't pay those tuition? put me in jail?

I'm already in process of looking for jobs on campus, and applying for that FAFSA thing...

They'll get your money one way or the other..

Hey, my brother is trying to get funding for a second degree... he wants to do a vetinary degree and he has been quoted £15,000 per year, for 5 years. That doesn't include texts or accomodation, just the tuition fees. All because he will be a post-grad.

EDIT: oh yeah, and THAT is subject to the rise in tuition fees, so the second year it could cost £15,500 etc.

Last edited:
.. move to a country where the government subsidizes education ;P

Related to College Reg: Surprising Costs for High School Students

1. What are some common costs that high school students may not expect when going to college?

Some common unexpected costs for high school students going to college may include textbooks, transportation, dorm room supplies, and technology expenses.

2. Are there any resources available to help high school students better prepare for these costs?

Yes, there are resources such as financial aid, scholarships, and budgeting tools that can help high school students prepare for the costs of college.

3. How can high school students save money on college expenses?

High school students can save money on college expenses by staying in-state for college, applying for scholarships and grants, living off-campus, and being mindful of their spending habits.

4. Are there any hidden costs that high school students should be aware of?

Yes, there can be hidden costs such as application fees, parking fees, lab fees, and extracurricular activity fees that high school students should be aware of when going to college.

5. What should high school students do to financially prepare for college?

High school students should start researching and applying for scholarships early, save money through part-time jobs or internships, and create a budget and stick to it to financially prepare for college.