Clothes designed to trick facial recognition software

• Thread starter sbrothy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Software
In summary, a clothing designer has created T-shirts with AI-powered face recognition technology that can trick surveillance systems. The designer charges $300 per shirt, but knock-offs are expected to appear soon. Some suggest that the technology could be used for nefarious purposes, while others see it as a way to evade detection. However, it could also make surveillance more effective by providing a detailed record of a person's movements. Overall, the possibilities for this technology are endless.
Science news on Phys.org
At $300 per T-shirt, you won't see these all over the place - until the knock-offs start showing up.

Couldn't they program it to sound an alarm if a zebra is detected walking through Madison Square Garden?

scottdave said:
At $300 per T-shirt, you won't see these all over the place - until the knock-offs start showing up.

Couldn't they program it to sound an alarm if a zebra is detected walking through Madison Square Garden?
Id expect cheap chinese knockoffs soon. Id imagine patenting what is basically art is a nightmare. If nothing else isnt there such a thing as a programmable sewing machine. Like a 3D printer but for fabrics. Probably expensive still though.

sbrothy said:
d expect cheap chinese knockoffs soon
And with every T-shirt, you get a free balloon!

Likes AlexB23, sbrothy and Ibix
You can tell by the way I knit my wool
I'm a zebra man, got AI to fool...

In my mind's eye I can already see hardened criminals and undercover spies sneaking 'round town in outrageously fabulous designs, avoiding detection.

• Haha
Likes sbrothy, berkeman, Astronuc and 2 others
Wouldn't a shirt like that actually make the surveillance much more effective? Ask the database for all instances of a giraffe walking around New York, and you've basically got this guy's life story.

Likes scottdave, AlexB23 and PeroK
Algr said:
Wouldn't a shirt like that actually make the surveillance much more effective? Ask the database for all instances of a giraffe walking around New York, and you've basically got this guy's life story.
Giraffes was just one posibility out of many. Praying mantis, gopher, wasp - indeed with advanced knitting technology you may be able to pass yourself off as Pablo Escobar or Stephen Paddock. The sky is the limit.