Close Encounters Of The Scientific Kind

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Scientific
In summary, there is a conference on UFOs happening this weekend at the Telus World of Science that focuses on using them as a jumping point for research on extraterrestrial life. According to Matthews, part of the issue may be that people don't often look up into the skies. He also suggests that if there is life elsewhere, it is likely to be on planets similar to our own. The book "What is Life" by Erwin Schrodinger is recommended for further reading on this topic.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Despite its perceived association with kooks and conspiracy theorists, there is an active and fascinating field of research that uses UFOs and extraterrestrial life as a jumping point, which is the focus of a conference on UFOs held this coming weekend at the Telus World of Science.

...Part of the issue may be that we just don’t look, well, up, enough, according to Matthews. “It’s not part of our lives to look up into the skies,” he explained. “They don’t understand what they’re seeing, and I can’t interpret it based on their description.[continued]
http://www.vueweekly.com/articles/default.aspx?i=7098

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
“Well, if there is life elsewhere, they are almost certainly going to be living on planets possibly like our own,”
:bugeye:

matthyaouw said:
“Well, if there is life elsewhere, they are almost certainly going to be living on planets possibly like our own,”
:bugeye:

I'll add my own :bugeye: to that as well. I would also like to post the book

What is Life by Erwin Schrodinger

on the "Recommended Reading" list.

(Sorry for the spelling Erwin, I couldn't expediently find the "o" with an umlaut.)

Related to Close Encounters Of The Scientific Kind

1. What is the definition of "Close Encounters Of The Scientific Kind"?

"Close Encounters Of The Scientific Kind" refers to any interaction or contact between humans and extraterrestrial beings or objects that is investigated and studied using scientific methods and theories.

2. Are there any documented cases of "Close Encounters Of The Scientific Kind"?

There have been numerous reported cases of "Close Encounters Of The Scientific Kind" throughout history, including famous incidents like the Roswell UFO crash and the Phoenix Lights event.

3. How do scientists study and investigate "Close Encounters Of The Scientific Kind"?

Scientists use a variety of methods and technologies to study and investigate "Close Encounters Of The Scientific Kind". These may include collecting and analyzing physical evidence, conducting interviews and surveys, and using advanced imaging and detection equipment.

4. What have scientists learned from studying "Close Encounters Of The Scientific Kind"?

Through studying "Close Encounters Of The Scientific Kind", scientists have gained a better understanding of the potential existence of extraterrestrial life, as well as the possibility of advanced technologies and civilizations beyond our own. They have also learned more about the nature of our universe and the limitations of our current scientific knowledge.

5. Has there been any scientific proof of "Close Encounters Of The Scientific Kind"?

While there is no concrete scientific proof of "Close Encounters Of The Scientific Kind" at this time, there have been many compelling pieces of evidence and credible eyewitness accounts that continue to intrigue and fascinate scientists and the general public alike.