Chris Matthews show, Global warming, and CRU Hack

Don't worry, after "health insurance reform", medical research might be next.In summary, the conversation discusses the lack of mention of the CRU situation in the media, and how those who question AGW are often labeled as Al Gore-hating Republicans who worship Rush Limbaugh. The conversation also brings up the potential bias of media outlets and the potential consequences for questioning AGW. It is likened to the situation in medical research, where leaked emails could potentially paint a misleading picture of the industry.
seycyrus
Woops, I apologize for the misleading subject heading as the events at CRU were not brought up at all, or even alluded to in the slightest. Not by Chris or any of the 4 members of his panel.

What they did tell you was that if you were a democrat, you should get in line with the rest of the democrats and and be pro AGW! They showed a poll (taken from Oct. 25th BEFORE the emails were leaked) that those who favored immediate action on GW were 83% democrat.

To further classify those who are hesitant regarding AGW they of course showed a few clips of Rush spouting.

And then there was the point that the people who have doubts, really just don't like Al Gore!

So, to sum up. If you have concerns about any of the tenets of AGW, you are a republican, who is a Rush-o-phile, and just don't like Al Gore.

Ouch! That shepherd crock sure is starting to hurt!

Physics news on Phys.org
seycyrus said:
Woops, I apologize for the misleading subject heading as the events at CRU were not brought up at all, or even alluded to in the slightest. Not by Chris or any of the 4 members of his panel.

What they did tell you was that if you were a democrat, you should get in line with the rest of the democrats and and be pro AGW! They showed a poll (taken from Oct. 25th BEFORE the emails were leaked) that those who favored immediate action on GW were 83% democrat.

To further classify those who are hesitant regarding AGW they of course showed a few clips of Rush spouting.

And then there was the point that the people who have doubts, really just don't like Al Gore!

So, to sum up. If you have concerns about any of the tenets of AGW, you are a republican, who is a Rush-o-phile, and just don't like Al Gore.

Ouch! That shepherd crock sure is starting to hurt!

ok then. Is this just to start yet another AGW proponent bashing thread?

How is this thread not political?

Sorry! said:
ok then. Is this just to start yet another AGW proponent bashing thread?

Oh no. I'd categorize this as an attempt to draw attention to certain media outlets apparent attempt at choosing the to make or unmake the news.

I say *apparent*, because after all, I only listen to NPR for 2-3 hours a day, everyday, check the CNN page throughout the day and watch CNN at night. I *could* be just missing the coverage of the CRU situation.

But then today watching the Cris Matthews show where one of the topics was something along the lines of "Why are some people critical of aspects of AGW"?. And to see CRU not even MENTIONED, not even in passing, not even so it could be dismissed. Why it sort of raises an eyebrow or two, or three...

Just remember, if you find any aspect of AGW worthy of more inspection, or have any doubts about AGW in any way, it is only because you are an Al Gore hating Republican who worships at the altar of Rush Limbaugh.

There is *no* other possible reason why anyone would question AGW, none, nada, zilch.

Chi Meson said:
How is this thread not political?

Forgive me for not posting in the correct sub section, it was not intentional.

I know a bunch of scientists at the medical research council, they spend most of their time avoiding other researchers seeing their work, arguing patent deals with various drug companies and back stabbing each other.
If their emails ever leaked out you would conclude that all of modern medicine was a conspiracy and go back to leaches.

mgb_phys said:
I know a bunch of scientists at the medical research council, they spend most of their time avoiding other researchers seeing their work, arguing patent deals with various drug companies and back stabbing each other.
If their emails ever leaked out you would conclude that all of modern medicine was a conspiracy and go back to leaches.

:smile:Don't worry, after "health insurance reform", medical research might be next.:smile:

Related to Chris Matthews show, Global warming, and CRU Hack

1) What is the Chris Matthews show?

The Chris Matthews show is a political talk show hosted by journalist Chris Matthews. It airs on MSNBC and focuses on current events and political analysis.

2) What is global warming?

Global warming refers to the long-term increase in the Earth's average temperature, primarily caused by human activities such as burning fossil fuels and deforestation. This leads to the greenhouse effect, trapping heat in the atmosphere and causing changes in climate patterns.

3) What is the CRU hack?

The CRU hack refers to the unauthorized release of emails and documents from the Climatic Research Unit (CRU) at the University of East Anglia in 2009. The emails sparked controversy and were used by some to discredit the science behind global warming.

4) What impact did the CRU hack have on the global warming debate?

The CRU hack had a significant impact on the global warming debate, as some used the leaked emails to claim that scientists were manipulating data to support the idea of global warming. However, multiple investigations have found no evidence of data manipulation and the scientific consensus on climate change remains strong.

5) What are some potential solutions to address global warming?

Some potential solutions to address global warming include reducing carbon emissions, transitioning to renewable energy sources, implementing sustainable practices, and investing in technology to capture and store carbon dioxide. Government policies and individual actions can also play a role in mitigating the effects of global warming.