Chick embryo as a model for further new life science research?

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of an in vitro and in vivo model, as well as a newly developed in ovo Hook model, to study the mechanisms of ischemia-reperfusion (I/R) in the brain and other tissues. Various techniques, such as imaging, biochemical analysis, and blotting, were used to validate the model and understand the underlying cell death mechanisms. The paper also provides links to relevant articles for further reading.
Paarthgarg
TL;DR Summary
Chick embryo is widely used for the study of embryogenesis, The Metabolic markers can also be used for the study of inflammation and inflammatory injuries. These type of models provide better results and easy to handle. Your all Comments appreciated.
In This paper we have used Ischemia - Repurfusion in chick embryo to study different markes using Western blot.

quoting from Paper

Various in vitro and in vivo models are currently available to study I/R mechanism in the brain and other tissues. However, thus far, no in ovo I/R model has been reported for understanding the I/R mechanisms and for faster drug screening. Here, we developed an in ovo Hook model of I/R by occluding and releasing the right vitelline artery of a chick embryo at 72 h of development. To validate the model and elucidate various underlying survival and death mechanisms, we employed imaging (Doppler blood flow imaging), biochemical, and blotting techniques and evaluated the cell death mechanism.

Your valuable views and Comments please

Biology news on Phys.org

Related to Chick embryo as a model for further new life science research?

1. What makes chick embryos a suitable model for life science research?

Chick embryos are often used as a model for life science research because they are easily accessible, develop quickly, and share many similarities with human embryos in terms of their structure and development. They also have a transparent shell, allowing for easy observation of the embryo's growth and development.

2. What types of research can be conducted using chick embryos?

Chick embryos have been used in a wide range of research studies, including developmental biology, genetics, neurobiology, and toxicology. They have also been used to study diseases and test potential treatments.

3. How are chick embryos obtained for research purposes?

Chick embryos are typically obtained from fertilized eggs that are discarded from the poultry industry. These eggs are collected and incubated until the embryos reach the desired stage of development for the research study.

4. What are some advantages of using chick embryos compared to other animal models?

Compared to other animal models, chick embryos are relatively inexpensive and easy to obtain. They also have a short development time, making it possible to observe changes and effects of experiments in a shorter period of time. Additionally, chick embryos have a high survival rate and are less likely to experience birth defects or abnormalities.

5. Are there any ethical concerns surrounding the use of chick embryos in research?

There are some ethical concerns surrounding the use of chick embryos in research, as with any animal model. However, strict regulations and guidelines are in place to ensure that the use of chick embryos is justified and minimizes any potential harm or suffering to the embryos. Alternative methods, such as computer simulations and cell cultures, are also being developed to reduce the need for animal models in research.