Cavity quantum electrodynamics

In summary, There are many free materials available on the subject of cavity QED, including books, images, and review articles. One book that covers the Jaynes-Cummings Hamiltonian and required formalism is "Introductory Quantum Optics" by Christopher Gerry and Peter Knight. However, for more specialized topics like open quantum systems, additional books may be needed. The J-C Hamiltonian can be applied to any resonator, including dielectric resonators.
wasi-uz-zaman
hi, i am studing cavity QED - but needs some comprehensive book on that - i will be very grateful if someone guide me in this regard.thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Can't recommend a book but if you Google "cavity QED pdf." you will find lots of free material on the subject. If you do a Google book search "cavity QED" you will be able to read sections of thousands of books. A Google image search of "cavity QED" turns up lots of interesting pictures. Good luck!

thanks - i will be grateful if someone has studied a book on this topic and share it with me.

Most books on quantum optics should cover the Jaynes-Cummings Hamiltonian (e.g.
"Introductory Quantum Optics"by Christopher Gerry and Peter Knight) and will also teach you the required formalism.
Beyond that you will need more specialized books on e.g. open quantum systems etc.
There are also lots of review articles on various topics related to the J-C Hamiltonian and CQED.

yes j-c model is for free space but if we consider cavity is made up of dielectric than we do need some advance treatment for modifying J-C hamiltonian

The J-C Hamiltonian is not for free space(there has to be a cavity/resonator for the photons ), but it works for ANY resonator, including dielectric resonators if that is what you are working on

Related to Cavity quantum electrodynamics

What is cavity quantum electrodynamics?

Cavity quantum electrodynamics (CQED) is a branch of quantum optics that studies the interactions between light and matter in a confined space, such as a cavity. It explores the ways in which atoms and photons interact and exchange energy in these small, controlled environments.

How does CQED differ from traditional quantum electrodynamics?

CQED focuses on the effects of quantum mechanics in confined spaces, whereas traditional quantum electrodynamics deals with the behavior of particles and waves in free space. In CQED, the interactions between atoms and photons are enhanced and controlled through the use of cavities, which can lead to interesting phenomena and applications.

What are some potential applications of CQED?

CQED has many potential applications in fields such as quantum computing, quantum communication, and precision measurements. It also has the potential to improve our understanding of fundamental physics and could lead to the development of new technologies.

What are some current challenges in CQED research?

One of the main challenges in CQED research is finding ways to effectively control and manipulate the interactions between atoms and photons in cavities. Another challenge is integrating CQED systems with existing technologies and developing practical applications.

What are some key principles of CQED?

Some key principles of CQED include the quantization of electromagnetic fields, the use of cavities to enhance and control interactions, and the importance of quantum coherence and entanglement in understanding the behavior of atoms and photons in these systems.