Capacitor Discharge Time Formula Euler

In summary, the Euler constant elevated to fractional exponent gave this result. The voltage across a capacitor rises exponentially as Vc=Vf(1-e-t/T). Time t is in the exponent, hence the part e-t/T is responsible for the exponential increase in voltage w.r.t time.
NickTesla
I would like to understand how the Euler constant elevated to fractional exponent gave this result? 958mV someone please!?
2a9zigh.png

Physics news on Phys.org
You did not give enough information for us to check everything, but the calculation is correct (I checked it on my old HP calculator).

It is because my doubt is the fractional exponent, do not know why has this result!
958mV no final entendeu!? Obrigado!

Personal My question is in Euler's constant raised to a fractional exponent!
Why and how ?? I do not know calculate HP, it's good we mastered without having to use HP,

I have a teaching video, but honestly I still do not understand if you want to see the video? I have!

Last edited:
Charging of a capacitor is an exponential
event. Voltage across capacitor rises exponentially as
Vc=Vf(1-e-t/T). Time t is in the exponent, hence the part e-t/T is responsible for the exponential increase in voltage w.r.t time.

Likes NickTesla
OK. Let us take it in steps:
  1. [itex]\frac{10}{47}= 0.212765957 [/itex]
  2. [itex]e^{-0.212765957}=0.808345302 [/itex]
  3. [itex]1- 0.808345302=0.191655 [/itex]
  4. [itex]5 \cdot 0.191655 = 0.958273 [/itex]

Likes NickTesla
Yes! , I understand, but using numbers,
Watch this video!

Svein said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHHikLqJuYk

Svein said:
Sven Wonderfully Thank you!

NickTesla said:
Sven Wonderfully Thank you!
Obrigado!

Personally, I'll be honest, here in South America (Brazil) I doubt that the Brazilian has a video explaining speaking Neper calculation on youtube to calculate the potentiation, constant = e ^ -0.212765957,
I doubt (I dúvi [do] D + O = DO = DEODO talking!). Kkk! I doubt DEODO is when we doubt very much! is the Brazilian way of speaking! My God there are only understand potentiation, that's all, and I going crazy, studying (Mantissa) studies (Mantissa) kkkk lol (mathematics: decimal part of a logarithm) !:book::micoscope:
(Matematicas: decimal part of a logarithm)! I wanted the help of North America, if possible help from the American continent LOL kkkk:oldbiggrin::partytime::bow::headbang::headbang::headbang:

only thing i got! and I get it! Was this here!

but not taught 10 ^ 0,3010

how does it do??:headbang::headbang::headbang::oldgrumpy::oldgrumpy::oldgrumpy:

Last edited:

Related to Capacitor Discharge Time Formula Euler

1. How do you calculate the discharge time of a capacitor using the Euler formula?

The discharge time of a capacitor can be calculated using the Euler formula, which is T = -RC ln(Vc/V0), where T is the discharge time in seconds, R is the resistance in ohms, C is the capacitance in farads, Vc is the final voltage across the capacitor, and V0 is the initial voltage across the capacitor.

2. What is the significance of the Euler formula in calculating capacitor discharge time?

The Euler formula is a mathematical equation that relates the discharge time of a capacitor to its resistance, capacitance, and initial and final voltages. It is important because it allows us to calculate the discharge time of a capacitor without having to rely on experimental data, which can be time-consuming and costly.

3. Can the Euler formula be used for all types of capacitors?

Yes, the Euler formula can be used for all types of capacitors, as long as the values for resistance, capacitance, and initial and final voltages are known. However, it is worth noting that this formula is most accurate for ideal capacitors, which have no internal resistance or leakage. Real-world capacitors may have slightly different discharge times due to these factors.

4. Is the discharge time of a capacitor affected by the voltage across it?

Yes, the discharge time of a capacitor is affected by the voltage across it. The higher the initial voltage, the longer it will take for the capacitor to fully discharge. This is because the higher voltage means more charge needs to be dissipated, which takes longer.

5. Are there any limitations to using the Euler formula for calculating capacitor discharge time?

The Euler formula is a good approximation for calculating capacitor discharge time, but it does have some limitations. It assumes that the capacitor is discharged through a resistor, and that the voltage across the capacitor decays exponentially. In reality, there may be other components or factors at play that can affect the discharge behavior of a capacitor, so the calculated discharge time may not be 100% accurate.