Capacitance from a separated plate disk

In summary, the conversation discusses the process of measuring capacitance by using two plate disks separated by a distance d. The formula C = e0A/d is mentioned as a way to calculate capacitance, and the question of how to obtain C is raised. The concept of half-life of exponential decay is also brought up.
-EquinoX-

Homework Statement

Ok, let's say that I have two plate disk, with an area of A and they are separated with a distance d apart from each other. I need to measure the half-life of exponential decay to calculate capacitance. I need to graph C vs x = 1/d, however how can I get C ??

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
kindly be a bit clear. what is x here. we have a formula of C = e0A/d for capacitance in the form of parallel plate. is it working?

Last edited:
x = 1/d ... yes, C = e0A/d works.. what does the half-life of exponential decay means?

Related to Capacitance from a separated plate disk

What is capacitance?

Capacitance is the ability of a system to store an electric charge.

What is a separated plate disk?

A separated plate disk is a type of capacitor, which consists of two parallel plates that are separated by a small distance and can store electrical charge between them.

What factors affect capacitance in a separated plate disk?

The capacitance in a separated plate disk is affected by the distance between the plates, the size of the plates, and the dielectric material between the plates.

How is capacitance calculated in a separated plate disk?

The capacitance of a separated plate disk can be calculated using the formula C = ε0A/d, where ε0 is the permittivity of free space, A is the area of the plates, and d is the distance between the plates.

What are some practical applications of capacitance from a separated plate disk?

Capacitors from separated plate disks are used in various electronic devices such as radios, computers, and cameras to store and regulate electrical charge. They are also used in power factor correction, energy storage systems, and in filters for electronic signals.