Cantilever and encastré beams: bending moment and shear force

In summary, the conversation discussed the topic of bending moment and shear forces in cantilever and encastré beams. The person was looking for simple and easy-to-understand resources, as they were having trouble understanding the calculation and diagrams. A website and two Wikipedia pages were recommended for further explanation.
lee123456789
Homework Statement
understand and dicuss
Relevant Equations
none
I have to discuss the Bending moment and shear forces in cantilever and encastré beams. Does anybody know of good websites showing that is simple to understand showing. All i can find is how to calculate and bending moments and shear force digrams which don't really understand.

Can anybody explain it abit?

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for the sharing.This is my first time visiting your blog.Really i like your Blog.Keep doing more like this.
tetris

Related to Cantilever and encastré beams: bending moment and shear force

1. What is a cantilever beam?

A cantilever beam is a structural element that is fixed at one end and free at the other end. It is commonly used in construction to support loads and transfer them to the fixed end.

2. What is an encastré beam?

An encastré beam, also known as a fixed beam, is a structural element that is fixed at both ends. This type of beam is able to resist bending and shear forces more effectively than a cantilever beam.

3. How is bending moment calculated for a cantilever beam?

Bending moment is calculated for a cantilever beam by multiplying the load applied to the beam by the distance from the fixed end to the point where the bending moment is being calculated.

4. What is shear force in a beam?

Shear force is the force that acts perpendicular to the longitudinal axis of a beam. It is caused by the external loads applied to the beam and is responsible for causing the beam to bend or deform.

5. How does the bending moment and shear force vary along the length of a beam?

The bending moment and shear force in a beam vary along its length depending on the type of load applied and the support conditions. In a cantilever beam, the bending moment and shear force are highest at the fixed end and decrease towards the free end. In an encastré beam, the bending moment and shear force are constant throughout the beam's length.