Can You Pass a Midterm and Complete an Assignment When Sick?

In summary, JR is struggling with his work and is feeling ill. He is thankful for the help offered by his friends.
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I'm so screwed now.

I can barely think hard enough to do my Topology assignment and that's my strongest class. Not to mention a Probability midterm tomorrow that I was on my way to being prepared. :cry:

I hope I pass the midterm. :cry:

I'm so useless right now.

Going to bed soon. :-p But so cold in my room. :cry:

Physics news on Phys.org
Damn, that sucks! Get some sleep, you will do fine tomorrow.

mattmns said:
Damn, that sucks! Get some sleep, you will do fine tomorrow.

That's what I'm doing now.

I have the heater running in my room to warm it up. It's freaking damn cold in this house. My room is in the basement and I bet the temperature hovers around 13-16 degrees Celsius!

I have my pyjamas by the heater to warm that up too.

Well it going on summer here. I melt the moment i step outside (thank you father for the irish pale skin), I have my wonderful air conditioner set at 26C and it's running almost 24/7 for the last week.

Your situation really sucks, i hope you get better.

JasonRox said:
I'm so screwed now.

I can barely think hard enough to do my Topology assignment and that's my strongest class. Not to mention a Probability midterm tomorrow that I was on my way to being prepared. :cry:

I hope I pass the midterm. :cry:

I'm so useless right now.

Going to bed soon. :-p But so cold in my room. :cry:
JR, I sorry to hear that you are ill. You need Chicken soup, and I'll throw in one of my habaneros. I hope you get well soon.

Astronuc said:
JR, I sorry to hear that you are ill. You need Chicken soup, and I'll throw in one of my habaneros. I hope you get well soon.

Hey! Thanks. Sounds good too, but might be too spice. :-p

I feel much better today. I was able to redo some things for my Topology Assignment. Although it's not complete, it's better. Now, I'm just focusing on my midterm now.

Cheers. :biggrin:

JR, good to hear you are better today. We can cut down the spicyness. :biggrin:

Best wishes for much success on the midterm!

Related to Can You Pass a Midterm and Complete an Assignment When Sick?

What are the most common symptoms of being sick?

The most common symptoms of being sick include fever, coughing, sore throat, body aches, and fatigue. However, symptoms may vary depending on the type of illness.

Is it safe to take medication to feel better for a midterm or assignment?

It is not recommended to take medication solely for the purpose of feeling better for a midterm or assignment. It is important to prioritize your health and consult a healthcare professional before taking any medication.

How can I manage my sickness while still completing my midterm and assignment?

It is important to prioritize your health and rest as much as possible. Take frequent breaks, stay hydrated, and try to complete your work in smaller chunks rather than all at once. It may also be helpful to communicate with your professor about your situation.

Can I request an extension for my midterm or assignment due to being sick?

It is possible to request an extension for your midterm or assignment due to being sick. However, it is important to communicate with your professor as soon as possible and provide any necessary documentation, such as a doctor's note.

How can I prevent getting sick during midterm and assignment season?

To prevent getting sick during midterm and assignment season, make sure to practice good hygiene by washing your hands frequently, getting enough sleep, and maintaining a healthy diet. It may also be helpful to manage stress levels and avoid contact with individuals who are sick.